Chapter 12

Joshua POV

Where is she? It's already passed her work hour but she haven't arrive home. I really hate my gut feeling. 'Something wrong. Something definitely wrong going on to Aira.'

I sighed. I need to look for her. With that, I drive straight to her clinic immediately. I need to see her to make sure she's alright.

After a good 20 minutes ride, I arrive at her clinic. I feel relieve as I notice the her car was still at the parking lot. I then proceed to park my car beside hers as I go straight to the clinic's front door. I never really visit her workplace after all. We might as well go for a dinner afterward.

As I enter the clinic, no patient are inside. I also noticed on my way in that the clinic already closed right now. I silently walk inside while surveying around. The interior design is amazingly comforting. It has a welcoming vibe that I think attract the people to get treatment here.  From the pastel blue colour wall to a chair with a comforting cushion. They really had it all. Not to mention they also prepare a coffee machine and a vending machine. This clinic sure have their own style.

Without wasting anytime, I walk further inside searching for my wife's office. Hers must be at the end as she is the Medical Director right now. I don't know why but my heart beats thousand times faster than normal.

Her room is now in my sight as I approach it. My steps become slower the moment I want to reach it but before I could.....

A voice from behind me interupt my step. Istg I could have died from the sudden voice. I bring my hand to my heart feeling the drum like heartbeat. I turn around to see her friend that I manage to meet on our wedding day.

"I want to say sorry for suprising you but you enter the clinic with closed sign so sorry not sorry." I manage to hear her before she see my face.

That's when she recognised me. The guilty started to crawl to her face. "Oh , sorry Joshua. I didn't expect you coming. I thought it was a stranger or robber or something." she bow a few time to me. I just give her a smile and shake my head telling her that it's okay.

"By the way, why are you here though? To say that you want to meet me must be dreams in a dream. But to say that you want to meet Aira also an impossible conclusion." she say while giving me a confuse look.

My relax face just now immediately copy her expression. "What do you mean impossible?"

"Isn't she's home already. She left her office one hour earlier than usual you know. She even put a note on her desk. It still on her desk. Go see it by yourself." she then return to her office just beside hers.

'Please. Nothing in my worst imagination is true right.' My pace become faster entering her office and straight to her desk. Also, I notice the smell. This odour. It's the substance that can make you unconsious if you smell it for a long time. The kidnapper always use it. Not to mention in mafia world, this is one of the main weapon to easily get the hostages. It's from the air purifier. 'Who the hell put this in here. In her office'. I cover my nose with the handkerchief in my pocket.

'I'm going home earlier today. Please don't worry. Everything is fine.' that's all written in the note. Not to mention that the words become weird in the last part. If I connect all the clue, the writing must be written before she felt unconsious. This is all planned.

I then run to Miya's office to get some explaination.

"Miya, when did Aira get the air purifier? And did you see anyone enter her room without her in there.

"Air purifier? She never had that. I didn't notice it today but yesterday there's no such air purifier in her office. For the one entering her room. Only her and her patient for today. No employee are allow to enter her room without consence accept me. Why did you ask? Is something happen to Aira? Tell me Joshua." she suddenly panic after answering my question.