Chapter 18

Joshua POV

"It's about my past Aira." a few drop of tears start to spill out of my eyes after I say that few words. She looks confuse.

The most unwanted dream is coming back to me. It's been a few years since I get that nightmare. I didn't know why it came back. Aira didn't know anything about my past. Only my members knew. Should I tell her? Probably not. Something might change. How she see me. Her feeling towards me. Anything could change.

My scrambled thought got cut off by Aira's voice.

"Shua, it's okay. Everything gonna be okay. If you don't want to tell me then don't." her voice are soothing. Her thumbs on my cheeks wiping away the tears.

"I'm sorry." I slowly mutter as she just give me a small smile to reply. We stay for a while before I slowly drift to my sleep together with Aira that was playing with my hair before.

_______________time skip______________

I woke up not seeing Aira beside. She might already go to work. Last night nightmare replaying in my mind. I didn't know why but there's something that I haven't discover yet about my past.

My nightmare is my childhood memory.
Being the only child of one of the biggest mafia gang was not a sweet memory. If you're thinking that I'm living in a luxury life with bodyguard here and there and anything you want just say it out and you got it, well yes. That's my life. But is it worth it? No time to spend and not enough love from parents. No friend to play with. Living in a hella big yet feel so small house.

If I'm a teenager maybe that would be okay. But being a little kid in his 4 years old. Can you survive? For me, of course no.

My parents always locked me in the house with bodyguards while they are 'working'. We seldom have dinner together and never had a trip to anywhere eventhough we're super rich.

At first, l don't know if it's possible but I set up my mind that I need to be a good boy to my parents. So, I will play alone in the house everyday while hoping that my parents gonna come home and play with me.

I try to endure the feeling of being left for a few years until my child's heart can't take it anymore.

One day, while I was watching cartoon on television. The cartoon really hit me hard. I don't know why but I think it's because of the story.

There was a family living in the very small house in the forest. The parents have only a son just like my family. But theirs are happier than mine. Everyday, the son play with his parents, eat with them and even before sleep, they kissed his forehead.

That day, I cry all day. The woman that took care of me noticed and try to calm me down but I didn't stop. So their last choice is calling my mun. My mun tried to calm me down over the phone but I still continued. I don't care about anything that time and shouted at them through the phone. "If mummy and daddy don't come home right now, I will hate you both."

And they came back. I was more happy than ever. But that was just for a while. The face that parents show the moment they entered the house. They look worry and......terrified.

Mun looked like she was gonna cry in any time soon. Dad came to me and pick me up.

"Listen here very carefully. Right now, there are people coming for us." I gave him a confused look because I don't understand him. He sighed but then explain with the simple words kids can understand.

"Right now, there's a big scary monster is coming for you. They will eat you if you don't hide. So, I want you to go hide at the best place you can and don't come out until I rescue you. Understand?" I was so excited about it thinking that we'll be playing together.

Dad kiss my forehead and hug me tightly before giving me to mum. She then did the same to me and I can see a few drops of tears running down from her beautiful pair of eyes.

I want to ask why but my dad cut me off. "Hurry up, you only have less than ten seconds." he told me. So I ran to my best spot to hide. But on my way, I heard a 'boom' sound from the front of my house. I got scared.

I want to run to my parents back but I need to hide. I need to be a good boy and follow my dad's instructions just now. Don't come out until dad rescue or the monster will eat me.

While waiting in my hiding spot, I heard noises all over the house. I got really scared. Without thinking any further, I stepped out of the the hiding spot to find my parents. I need them right now.

I walked slowly with my little feet to the living room where all the noises came from. When I got nearer, I hid behind the wall to take a peek at the place.

What I saw next scattered my heart the most. My dad laying down on the floor with a pool of blood around him while mum was held by two men and a man was holding her chin up. She was crying hard right now.

"Well Sarah, any last word before you follow your precious husband. Or do you have any wish for your funeral." the man laughed out lout at the end.

He took out a gun and point it at her. I didn't know how to react but what I know is that thing is dangerous so I ran to my mum.

"Mum!" I cried. I wanted to hug her but someone held me.

I struggled to get free but nothing happen. I heard a sound of gunshot and tears rolled down from my eyes. I saw my mum lifeless body in front of me. I looked down on the floor wailing. What will happen after this. Am I next? I'm scared. But what's point of living if my parents are dead?

"Well look at this little one.Didn't know they had a kid." the man that killed my mum who also might killed my dad came to me.

"What's your name?" he held my chin up so that he can see me. I just keep my mouth shut as fear could clearly be shown in my eyes.

"Answer me kid."

"Ji-Jisoo. Hong Jis-Jisoo." I sobbed harder. He just chuckled at my action

"A boy cannot be weak. Didn't your father teach you that? I pity you." he continued as he took my hand and literally dragging me out of the house.

"But it's okay. I will help you with that. To become the person you should be. You're life are now in my hand. Thanks me later when you're older." and now I'm in a luxurious car's backseat.

I'm not fully understand his words but I got the main point. I know that I'm not gonna die. But my parents are dead. And it's all in this man's hand.

And now after all over the years of living in darkness, I know that the man is........................................................................................................................................................................................................... Mr.Song. The one who killed my parents but also take care of me.

______________________________________

Hey guys.
Sorry again for the update.
This chapter and the previous one really showed that I ran out of idea.

Vote and comment guys.
If you have some creative idea for this story, you can just tell me. Sharing is caring.
Love you guys.