Chapter 3: Truth Hurts

Raoul's home life was getting shorter and shorter every day. Christine was fed up with it. She decided to stalk her husband whole day to realize why he comes back home so late.
In the morning when Raoul woke up and got ready to go out, Christine pretended to be sleeping but when he went out the bedroom she quickly dressed up. She just wanted to know the truth. Raoul went out the door. Christine followed him quickly but quietly. He got into the carriage. Christine took his horse and stalked them carefully. She felt bad about it but she just had to know why is her husband like that. She missed his love and wanted it back. Raoul's carriage stopped in front of a house Christine had never seen before. Raoul got out and knocked on the door. Christine was hiding with a horse behind a tree. A strange young woman opened the door. She looked just a little bit older than Christine herself. She had wavy black hair and big brown eyes...She seemed happy to see Raoul. ,,Raoul! You're here! That's fantastic" ,,We must be careful, Anne. I think Christine... I mean.. My wife has a hunch. She asked me why I leave her alone the whole time. Of course she's amazing wife and even lover. But I'm bored to sleep just with one woman. I'm happy that you're here. At least I can take a new energy" Raoul said. Anne nodded. ,,Don't be afraid. Your wife won't know anything.. She's very naive and silly. When I was getting married I would never think something like that about my man" she giggled. They went to the door together. Christine leaned on the tree and began to cry... Why would her beloved Raoul lie to her like this, cheat on her and then just go home and just want to eat?! Of course he is tired to give her some love too... She felt so bad. Like a bad wife. But after a while she realized that it's not her fault at all. What did she do wrong? Nothing... She wiped her tears and sat on the horse on her way back home.
It was early afternoon. Christine came home. She didn't bother herself to make lunch or a dinner for Raoul. He was cheating on her. She was slowly beginning to hate him. Raoul... That Raoul she thought that was her true love and loving husband. She went to the bathroom to take a bath. Warm water made her feel better... She finally stopped crying and thought about the opera. About good times. Of her sweet friend Meg, of madame Giry and..... of Erik. Why was she still thinking of him? He killed two people right in front of her... He was a murderer. But also... very hurt person. Of course he killed. Because people tortured him since early childhood. He never experienced love and when Christine kissed him to let Raoul go it was his first kiss. Very first kiss. Even his mother never kissed him...
Raoul came home six hours later. It was already dark out. Christine was sitting on the bed. Raoul came to her in a while. ,,Christine... I wanted to apologize for my behavior last weeks. If you want to... We can make love right now" he said. Christine raised her eyebrows. ,,Why? Did Anne feel sorry for me and told you to do that? Or you have a mood to your wife tonight?" she asked. Raoul was shocked. ,,How-how do you..." he even didn't finish the sentence and frowned. ,,So, I married a persecutor?! How dare you stalk me?!" ,,Because I am your wife! I was afraid that you are in trouble... I thought maybe someone harm you... But you are nothing else but a DISTURBING CHEATER!" Christine yelled in tears and cried. Raoul got a rage and slapped her. ,,Stop talking with me like that! How dare you?!" Christine fell down and still cried. ,,How dare you hit me?... " ,,You force me to! I just had to! Christine, I married you, not Anne. But every husband has a lover sometimes. You have to get used!" Raoul explained to her. ,,But not every husband leaves his wife alone the whole days and then come back and want her just to cook and clean for him.... I am not a maid. Not every husband gives his wife no love and not every husband beats his wife..." Christine sobbed. ,,You don't own me... I'm not a thing. I'm living person" ,,Of course, you are, Christine. But I do. I own you! You are my wife. A husband is an owner of his wife" Raoul said. ,,You are wrong... " Christine whispered. ,,You are different than I thought you were. How silly I was..." ,,And you cheated on me too! You kissed the phantom right in front of me!" Raoul said. Christine was dismayed. ,,I saved your life, Raoul... If I didn't do that, he'd kill you... But maybe you are right. Maybe the kiss was really meaningful for me. Of course it was! I loved you both, I always knew... But you also had something he didn't. A pretty face.... How stupid I was... " Raoul began to laugh. ,,What? I hope you are just jealous and saying this to make me jealous too. It's impossible to love a monster" ,,Maybe he wasn't handsome like you.... He was hurt too much. But at least he really loved me!! He fell in love and killed people in agony... Oh, Raoul... How wrong I was. I made a wrong choice" she was begging to hate Raoul more and more. He grabbed her by her shoulders and shaked her. ,,Christine! You are crazy! Lay down and sleep this nonsense off. That thing is already dead, I am sure!" Christine was still in tears. She was sure that Erik was dead either. ,,My poor Erik..." she cried. ,,Aren't you going to sleep? Or you'll be even more hysterical?" Raoul asked her. How daring he was... She lied down and decided to obey him. But was sure not to stay with him any longer.
When he fell asleep, she quietly dressed up and took a horse. She wanted to come back to the opera house....

Hello! I hope you still like it :). It's my first book, so please respect it isn't perfect at all XD. In the next chapter you'll have another characters you like, so , you can be excited.

Yours

_another_phangirl