Chapter Twenty - Assembling the Army

It was around midday, Hazel, Harry, Ron and Hermione headed out and away from the castle to a snowy terrain, where they set up their first meeting to assemble their army.

"This is mad. Who'd wanna be taught by us? We're just students, Hermione", Harry said, his mind filling with doubt.

"We're nutters, remember", he added.

"Look on the bright side: the two of you can't be any worse than old toad face", Ron reassured, though perhaps not in the most flattering away.

Hazel lightly giggled at Ron's attempt of a compliment.

"Thanks, Ron", Harry replied with sarcasm.

Ron comforted Hazel and Harry, and aided Hermione to encourage the two to team up and lead the army.

"I'm always here for you", he said greatly, before the four headed in the Hog's Head, an empty and reserved pub chosen by Hermione herself.

They walked in and were greeted by the faces of possible army members, some included Fred, George, Luna, Neville, Ginny, Dean and Cho. They took their seats in front of them all.

Hermione rose out of her seat slowly, and recited her little opening speech inside her head.

"Hi. So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher", she began to explain.

"One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts", Hermione continued, subtly glancing over at Hazel and Harry to her right.

"Why?", one student called out, his face showing disbelief.

Ron's voice spoke out louder, with great confidence and loyalty.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot!", he hissed.

"So they say", the boy snapped back with doubt.

"So Dumbledore says", Hermione backfired.

"So Dumbledore says because they say", he snarled.

"Do you really expect us to believe this girl who, in case you forgot, mysteriously arrived last year with no reason still to this day, over the Ministry who have protected us longer than she's been here?", another girl called out.

"Plus, I bet she's never done any magic before too! How could she teach us without doing magic?", another girl shouted from the back.

Hazel's leg began to bounce with agitation.

"I used magic when I fought Voldemort and his death eaters. I don't expect you to believe me, but it's the truth. Believe what you will", Hazel clapped back before placing her hand on her leg to stop it from bouncing.

She let out a sigh of impatience.

"If Hazel and Harry could tell us more about how Diggory got killed...", a third student suggested, his eyes seemed hungry for the tragic details of Cedric's death.

Harry brushed his finger over his lips and scanned the faces in the room.

"We're not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now", Harry demanded.

He stood up and gently pulled Hermione's arm, quietly whispering in her ear.

"Come on, Hermione. They're here because they think Hazel and I some sort of freaks-", he added before being interrupted by Luna's timid voice.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?", Luna asked.

The room fell to a quiet atmosphere, the faces looked at the four intriguingly.