🦸🏻‍♂️{20}🦸🏻‍♂️

EJ's POV-
It's Sunday night and Nini just left 30 minutes ago. We had such a great time and we talked a lot about our relationship and I think we've gotten closer in many ways.
Oh I get to hang out with Curls tomorrow. It's been really weird that we haven't talked in a couple days. I'm so used to just getting random FaceTime calls from him or random TikToks he sends me. I go to my messages and stare at them wide eyes. I didn't even look at the text he sent me on Friday.
(If you don't remember you don't have to go back bc I'll put it right here)

Why would he say those things about himself? He knows that he's not annoying and he is important

Why would he say those things about himself? He knows that he's not annoying and he is important. What if something bad happened to him? I'll just teleport to him and turn invisible, just to check on him.
I turn invisible and close my eyes thinking of Ricky.
I open my eyes looking around the living room I'm in. It's not mine so I must be in Ricky's house. I go up to the shelves and see pictures of little Ricky.

I laugh to myself at the pictures but quickly put my hand over my mouth

I laugh to myself at the pictures but quickly put my hand over my mouth. Good things there's a lot of noise going on in the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and see Ricky and I think his dad at the stove.
"You going to call your mom when you're done?"
"Yeah, but I don't want to." He whines
Mr. Bowen puts his arm over Ricky rubbing his shoulder.
"Just call her to get it over with and then we can eat. I'll finish the cooking."
He nods his head walking past me and I follow him. I know I shouldn't be but I just need to make sure he's ok.
He sits on his bed and goes on his phone. I take the time to look at his room. Lots of skateboarding stuff and papers scattered around, probably his last minute summer work.
He has lots of pictures of him and Big Red but something in the corner catches my eye.
A guitar?
I didn't know Ricky played. I'm cut out of my thoughts as I hear a phone ringing. I look to see Ricky calling his mom, he looks really nervous.
"Hello?" A woman says.
"H-hey mom."
"Hey sweetie! How are you?"
"Uhh...not too good." He says playing with the ring on his finger.
Is it because of what I said?
His mom sighs before speaking again. "Is it about coming to Chicago?"
Chicago? Why would Ricky be going to Chicago? He's not moving, is he?!
"Part of it, yeah. I just don't want to leave dad and I don't want to leave my friends."
"Ricky, you're acting like I'm asking you to move here. I just want you to come and visit me for a week! One week!" She starts yelling causing Ricky to flinch.
"And what do you mean you don't want to leave your father?! You'll get to see your dad all the time so why can't you just come to see me!"
I sit on the side of Ricky's bed and see a tear coming down his cheek. He quickly whips it with the back of his hand.
Im sorry but Ms. Bowen is a bitch for making my curls cry.
"Yeah, sorry mom, I'll come visit you." He says quietly.
"Thank you love. I'll call your dad later to tell him. Love you."
"Yeah." He says before he hangs up the phone and throws it at the wall in anger.
I'm pretty sure it broke because there was a sound of glass breaking. He lays down putting his face in the pillow and crying. I want to cuddle him right now but can't reveal myself.
I teleport to his front door and look around making sure no one is around. When I don't see anyone I reveal myself before knocking on the door.
I'm met with his dad who smiles at me.
"Hello, can I help you?"
Oh right I forgot that he doesn't know me.
"Oh, uh my names EJ, I'm friends with Ricky. I just wanted to stop by and talk to him."
His widen and he smiles, opening the door wider for me to come in.
"Oh come in please, he talks a lot about you."
He talks about me? He talks about me!
"Ricky!" He calls but there was no answer.
"You can head up to his room, second door on the left."
I nod my head and go upstairs walking to the second door on the left knocking on the door.
"I'm not in the mood dad."
"Well I'm not your dad  but are you in the mood to see me?" I say.
I hear him get up and walk over to the door.
"EJ?" He says voice cracking.
My heart breaks at the sound of his voice.
"Yeah it's me curls."
He cracks the door a little to look at me. I can see his eyes are more and puffy and his frown is bigger.
I push the door open more and instantly put my arms around him and he hugs me back crying into my shoulder. I pick him up and carry him to the bed laying down with him. He lays on top of me while I rub his back and stroke his hair.
"What's wrong curls? You know I hate seeing you upset."
And all though I know why he's in this state I listen to him tell me everything that happened.
"That's so messed up Rick I'm sorry."
"It's fine I guess it'll only be for one week anyways." He says sniffing.
"Hey, about Friday..."
"No it's fine, sometimes I just don't know when to give people their space."
I lean down and kiss his forehead and continue playing with his curls. I mentally slap myself in the face. Why would I do that?! Now everything is going to be awkward. He sits up and brings his hand up to my face gently caressing my cheek.
"You know I care about so much Ricky. You're so important to me and I'm so happy that we started to hang out." I say grabbing his hand and rubbing small circles with my thumb.
He looks at me with his eyebrows raised. "Really?" He ask.
I sit up with him now straddling my lap. I look into his beautiful chocolate eyes.
"Yes, you mean the world to me." I say starting to lean in.
He leans in too, our faces so close that our noses are touching and we can feel each other's breath on our lips.
"Uhh...what about Nini?" He says backing up and sitting next to me.
"W-what?"
He turns his head looking up at me.
"I mean...she more important then me so she should mean the world to you, not me."
I turn my head looking at him confused. Why would he think that? It then hits me that I said that Nini was more important.
"Ricky...."
"Uhh... so...did you have fun with Nini?" He interrupts.
My face goes red as I remember what me and Nini did Friday and Saturday night.
"Let me guess, lots of making out and doing couple stuff?" He says rolling his eyes.
"Yeah basically that stuff...and more."
He looks at me confused
"More?"
I nod my head not making eye contact.
"Yeah, I mean we did...it."
"You did wha-" he stops mid sentence realizing what I meant.
"You guys had s-e-x?" He ask sadly.
I laugh at him spelling the word.
"I love that you cant say the word so you spell it, it's cute, but yeah we did....twice."
"cool" He says sounding annoyed and rolling his eyes.
Cool? Is it because I mentioned Nini? Maybe nows a good time to bring that up. He rolled his eyes twice already.
"Hey I kind of notice that you act differently around Nini."
He looks at me confused turning his body to face me. "What do you mean?"
"Well you seem fine and act sweet and kind when we're with the others, but when Nini joins us you seem annoyed and kind of mean to her, you also roll your eyes at her a lot."
He turns his head not facing me anymore. He doesn't say anything so I continue to ask.
"Did she do something to you?"
He's hesitant but shakes his head no.
"Is she mean to you when I'm not around?"
Again, he shakes his head no.
"So then why do you act the way you do around her? You know, she thinks you hate her."
He rolls his eyes and looks at me.
"You just rolled your eyes."
"Let's play video games." He says trying to leave but I grab his arm and pull him back down.
"Don't change the subject curls. What's up with you and Nini."
He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know."
Why is this so difficult. Does it have to do with me?
"Are you jealous?"
"W-what?" He asked in a scared tone.
Yup he's jealous.
"Are you jealous of Nini because we're together."
He stands up in front of me.
"Did Big Red, Brookelynn, Ashlyn or...Gina say anything to you about me?!" He ask almost yelling.
"No! No I haven't talked to any of them in awhile except Ash, calm down Ricky." I say standing up and hugging him.
"Sorry, I'm sorry." He whispers.
After some quiet time he speaks up again. "I... I think...I think I might not like Nini because I'm jealous of her." "Why are you jealous?" I ask rubbing his back.
"I don't know. Probably the way you care for her and...love her. And, and it sucks knowing that I won't be able to know what that feels like."
"Well you know I love you."
He chuckles before lifting up his head putting his chin on my chest.
"You don't have to lie."
"Woah, who said I was lying?"
Before he could speak the door opens and his dad pops his head in.
"Dinners ready, do you want to eat with us EJ." He ask.
I look down at Ricky who nods his head with a big smile on his face.
"Yeah I would love to Mr. Bowen."
He rolls his eyes and smiles. "Please, call me Mike." And he shuts the door.
I text my Aunt and tell her I'm having dinner at Ricky's house.
We head downstairs and I take pictures of Ricky's baby pictures. He was real whiny and embarrassed when I said they were adorable.
Mr. Bowen, I mean Mike called us to the kitchen and we sat down and ate.
He made a delicious spaghetti with garlic bread.
"So EJ, are you excited to start school?" Mike ask.
"Well I'm not ready for all the schoolwork that I'm going to get but I am excited to start waterpolo again and theater."
"Oh, your a theater kid?! Ricky used to go to a musical theater camp when he was 6."
I look at Ricky who was playing with his food. I didn't know he was into theater.
"Yeah and I hated it." He responds.
Mike rolls his eyes. "No he didn't he would come home everyday showing us the new dance steps he learned or reading us his lines. He's just saying he hates it because of what happened opening night."
"What happened?"
"Dad!" Ricky squeaks.
"When the curtains opened he took one look at the audience and ran off stage crying."
He sinks in his chair hiding his face.
"Aww did little Ricky have stage fright?" I tease poking his side.
He playfully kicks me under the table.
"Well you're definitely auditioning for the school play with me when we start school."
"No I won't but I'll be there to cheer you on."
"What grade are you going into?" His dad questions.
"11th grade."
"Oh so you're going to be looking at colleges soon."
"Yeah I'm trying to figure out if I want to stay in Utah or go out the state."
I could see Ricky look at me with a sad face.
"Well you just keep studying and making sure your grades are good."
Ricky sits up from his chair scooting closer to me.
"It doesn't matter what school he applies for dad, he'll get into anyone he wants to since he's super smart and has all A's." He says smiling at me.
"Well then looks like you're all set, I bet your parents are super proud of you."
My smile washes off my face and Ricky grabs my hand under the table.
"Dad!"
Mike looks very confused and worried. "What, is it something I said?"
"Yes!"
I squeeze Ricky's hand making him look up at me with sorry eyes.
"It's fine Curls, he didn't know." I then turn to Mike and continue to speak to him. "My parents aren't around, my dad died when I was younger and mom....my mom's somewhere else."
He looks at with a sad look and guilty eyes.
"I'm so sorry EJ."
"It's fine, it all happened awhile ago, I live with my aunt, uncle and cousin now."
There was a moment of silence before Ricky pulls me up.
"Uh we're gonna head upstairs dad." Ricky says.
He leads me up to his room and shuts the door and takes me to his bed.
"I'm sorry he asked about them." He says rubbing my arm.
"It's fine really, he didn't know and I don't really care if someone mentions them."
He leans his head on my shoulder.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
I shake my head. "There's nothing to talk about really. My dad's dead and my mom's in....she's not around. Can I stay the night?" I say trying to change the subject.
"Yeah of course, I'll get you a change of clothes." He says getting up.
"No it fine." I say and start taking off my clothes.
Ricky turns his head quick. It's so adorable that he turns his head to give me privacy, but I don't mind if he looks.
"Uhh I'm going to changed." He says getting clothes and going to the bathroom. When he comes back his face gets red and he looks away.
"Oh, sorry I usually sleep with just shorts or just boxers."
He shakes his head.
"N-no, no it's fine." He stutters
We lay on his bed in silence facing the ceiling. He turns on his side to face me and I turn my head locking eyes with him.
"Can I ask you something?" He ask.
"Yeah go for it"
He scoots closer to me and takes a deep breath.
"Where's your mom? I know you say she's somewhere or she's not in the picture but do you know exactly where she is."
How can he read me so easily. I look away trying not to cry.
"Or don't tell me. That's ok if you don't want to share."
I look back at him and take his hand in mine.
"Ricky, I'm about to tell you something that only my aunt, uncle and Ashlyn know. Nini doesn't even know this and I'm trusting you not to tell anyone."
He nods his head quickly and sits up. "I won't tell anyone, I promise." He says holding out his pinky.
I link our pinkies together and start to talk again.
"My mom's in jail for child abuse."
"What? Who did she...did she hurt you?"
I nod my head. "She became really depressed and angry after my dad died and she beat the shit out of me. I was only 6 and too scared to tell anyone so I had to deal with it 4 for months. Until I told Ash and she told her parents."
I didn't hear anything from Ricky so I turn my head to see him crying. I quickly sit up and bring him in my arms.
"Hey, it's ok Ricky."
He shakes his head in my chest. "No it's not, she hurt you!"
"But I'm ok now and she's far away from me. I'm fine now see, especially when I'm with you."
He calms down after a little bit and we lay down cuddling. Ricky falls asleep before me, moving his entire body on top of me. I laugh to myself as I play with his hair.
I love spending my nights like this, with Ricky.

Hey y'all I finally uploaded early! I hope you liked this chapter and don't forget to vote. Also Sofia's birthday is coming up after Josh's (January 7) We have to think of something to do for her so if you have any ideas comment and if I see anything I'll be sure to let y'all know!
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲
𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐦
𝐀𝐧𝐝
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧
𝐑𝐣/𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐧