🦸🏻‍♂️{5}🦸🏻‍♂️

𝖱𝗂𝖼𝗄𝗒'𝗌 𝖯𝖮𝖵-

We finished our dinner in silence, which is not what I wanted but at least there was no fighting happening.

Mom and Dad paid the check and now we're in the car driving to the store to return that stupid bottle of soap.

We get inside and go to the aisle with the soap. My parents are in front of me walking while I'm trailing behind.

My thoughts go back to the restaurant and E.J. Why did they leave without even getting food? Was he hurt, was there an emergency?!?

Or maybe they weren't hungry anymore and left. Yeah, that's probably what happened.

I get out of my thoughts when I hear my mom whisper yell to my dad. I look

"Great there's no more of the one you want." My dad whispers.

"Yeah, well who's fault is that?" My mom whispers back.

An employee walks by and my mom stops her to ask a question.

"Excuse me do you have any more any more of this kind of soap but for sensitive skin." My mom ask.

"Oh sorry those ran out but we have a more coming in." She says.

"Oh ok good, like tomorrow?"

"No Monday." She simply says.

"Is there anything else I could help you with?"

"No, that's all thank you!" My mom says through her teeth.

The employee says you're welcome and leaves. Once she's out of sight my mom turns to my dad and glares at him.

"This is what happens when you don't look for things carefully."

"Well she said they would be in on Monday I'll get some then."

"I'M LEAVING ON SATURDAY FOR WORK AND YOU KNOW THAT I ALWAYS BRING A BOTTLE WITH ME! I NEVER USE THE HOTEL SOAP!"My mom yells.

Great it's not even the end of the day and they're arguing. AGAIN! I mean it's just soap I don't understand the big deal.

Well they have been fighting over small and stupid stuff a lot lately but still it's getting annoying and embarrassing.

"Dad can I have the keys, I'm gonna wait in the car until you guys are done." I say holding out my hand.

Dad and mom look at me with a look that says sorry.

"Ricky listen we..."

"Can I please have the key dad." I say my voice cracking.

My dad takes the keys out of his pocket and hesitates before dropping them in my hands.

I speed walk out of the store feeling my eyes start to burn and a lump in my throat.

Am I about to cry? Why should I be crying over this, that's stupid.

I get to the car and unlock the door going into the back seat I close the door as tears form in my eyes.

All I want is for them to stop fighting and love each other. I want it to be the way it was, like when I was little.

I look out the window and see mom and dad walking to the car. I quickly wipe my tears with my sleeve.

My parents get in the car and turn their bodies to look at me. I look down at my phone staring at the screen making it look like I'm doing something.

"Ricky we a-"

"I'm not in the mood right now mom." I cut her off.

She just sighs and puts a bag next to me.

"I bought you some stuff." My mom says.

My dad turns his head fast looking back at her.

"I mean we, we bought you some stuff."

I look in the bag and see they got Classic Lays, my favorite chips.
Two Snickers bars, my favorite candy and my favorite drink Nesquik chocolate milk.

I close the bag and lean my head on the window. I just don't feel like eating anything right now. I hear my parents shift back to their spots.

Dad starts the car and drives off. I look at my parents, my moms body is turned facing the window and my dad focusing on the road.

After a couple minutes of silence dad turns on the radio trying to find a station.

"Oh honey remember this song we used to listen to it all time together." My dad says turning up the music. I don't know this song but it does sound like it would be from back in their day.

"Right now is not a good time to listen to music so turn it off."

"How is it not a good time we can't just sit in silence."

I swear if they start fighting I'm going to...

"WELL MAYBE WE SHOULD SIT IN SILENCE BECAUSE THIS SONG IS ANNOYING!" My mom yells

"HOW IS IT ANNOYING WHEN YOU USED TO PLAY ALL THE TIME!?!" My dad yells back.

"JUST SHUT THE DAMN MUSIC OFF MIKE!"

"FINE WE'RE HOME ANYWAYS!"

My dad pulls into the drive way and turns the car off.

I open the door and run inside the house. I hear my dad call my name but I ignore him.

I run up the stairs to my room slamming the door. I take off my hoodie and jeans and put my pajamas pants on.

I jump on my bed and start balling my eyes out. I put my head in my pillow hoping my parents wouldn't hear me but I guess that didn't work because I hear a knock at my door and see my parents head poke through the door.
"Leave m-me a-alone." I said through tears.

"Ricky we're sorry we upset you we tried not to fight in front of you today but-" My mom said.

"You tried not to fight in front of me?!?"

Now I'm mad

"Why not try not to fight AT ALL! Are you guys even trying at all. You always fight over the smallest things and it driving me INSANE AND ITS BREAKING US APART!" I scream through tears.

"Yes buddy sorry, we didn't know that's how you felt. We are trying though." My dad says stepping in my room.

"Well now you know."

"And we'll try harder sweetie because we hate to see you upset." My mom says hugging me.

"Can you guys, just leave now?"

"Ok, goodnight baby." My mom says kissing my head.

"Night bud." My dad says putting his hand on my shoulder.

I don't say anything. I just sit there waiting for them to leave. When they do leave I lay on my bed facing the wall and cry. I hug my pillow close to my chest closing my eyes and I soon drift off to sleep.

𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚎𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢. 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 137 𝚟𝚎𝚒𝚠𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕
𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎☮️ 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎❤️- 𝙵𝙴