38

Chun Hei's POV

Jeongin nodded and smiled "Hwang Hyunjin"

I dropped the letter and lost all my strength. How can his name make me so much in pain? Why? I thought I'm fine. Why am I like this again? It was my choice to leave.

"Are you okay?" Jina asked and quickly held my arm "Chun Hei"

Jeongin picked up the letter "What happened?"

"Let's go inside. I guess it's better to talk about this inside" Jina said as she guided me inside her house

We went inside and sat on the couch. I saw how Jeongin rushed to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water on his hand. Why does he remind me of Hyunjin?

"Chun Hei" Jina called

"I-I know Hyunjin"

"How? I mean he is in South-" Jina

"Remember when your Father sponsored me to study in Los Angeles? I went there and decided to go to South Korea. There, I met Hyunjin. He and I were partnered to do some projects as architect students. They gave us a training project. We became close but I never gave him any information about me. All he know was my name and I am an exchange student. We lived together in his apartment, we were happy. Everything was just so perfect until I received an email..."

"Email?" Jeongin

I nodded "It was an email from North Koreans who took care of my documents as an exchange student. They found out I went to South Korea without telling them. I don't have any choice but to go back to North Korea or they will execute my parents. When I came back here in North, they almost killed me but luckily your Mother stopped them and told them to let me go"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jina

"At that time, I tried to ask for your help. Your childhood friend Han-gyeol, he said you were busy. I told him that I want to talk to you but he told me that I can't. Your Mother took care of those soldiers who tried to execute my parents. She said that you were grounded and was told to stay inside the mansion. She said that you don't know anything about it. Aside from that, you might do something if I tell you about it. I was just scared that you might ruin your own image for me. I didn't bother telling you. I also warned everyone here to be quiet about it"

Jina looked down and sighed "How can I worry about everyone not knowing about what happened to you? I'm sorry"

"It wasn't your fault. I did that and I chose to be with him. I should be responsible for it. I am also sorry that I almost put you in trouble"

_____________________

Flashback

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked as he gave me a glass of water "Chun Hei"

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me"

"How can I not worry? You started crying when you opened your laptop. I am your boyfriend and I should worry about you" Hyunjin

"You're crazy. I told you I'm fine"

Hyunjin playfully hit my forehead "You think you can fool me? I am not stupid. I understand that you are not the kind of person who always open up but..."

"But?"

"Let me tell you one thing. Whatever the problem is and it even made you cry. Just always remember I am here. I will always be here. You have me. I will never go anywhere. I will stay wherever you are-" Hyunjin

"What if we're not allowed to be together?"

"That can't be. We're already together. All we have to do is to fight for us to stay like this forever. Just say that you will stay with me. I'll do the rest. I'll fighr for us. For you" Hyunjin

I smiled "Can you promise me one thing?"

"Promise you what?" he raised his eyebrow

"If ever the morning comes that you woke up without me by your side. Can you please continue your day like what you always do? Normally. Without me"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes "Cut the drama. That would never happen. I will always wake up with you by my side"

I hope...

___________

I wore my coat and sat beside him "Hyunjin" I called as I stare at his face

How can you be so beautiful? I've always wanted to ask you one thing..

Hey, are you an angel or did the angel sent you for me?

Hyunjin, in this life. Maybe we're not meant for each other. Maybe we belong to someone else. I hope you won't stop yourself from loving someone else. You deserve the girl who will fight for you until the end. Not the girl who will leave you in the middle of your fight. I'm sorry. You are the greatest gift I've ever received in my whole life. I will always be greatful, Hyunjin. I love you.

I stood up as I finally close the door of his room "Thank you, Hyunjin"

End of Flashback

______________________

"H-How is he?"

"He is okay. Getting better. I am sure that he still loves you. He is waiting for you. He promised that he will wait until you come back. He is still hoping that one day you will show up in front of him" Jeongin smiled

Jina started crying and hugged me tightly "I-I promise you will see him again. You'll be free and happy like what you deserve"

Yes, I am hoping that one day we will meet again.