Chapter Three

"What do you want?" Harry questioned.

"We need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about. All of a sudden you want to talk after barely speaking for nearly five years! I don't understand," Harry shook his head, crossing him arms.

"Please," Zayn looked serious.

Harry had no idea what to do. They were once best friends then instantly became rivals. Ever since that night; what happened almost five years ago at Liam's New Year's Eve party.

Harry reluctantly sighed, "Fine. My house. Four o'clock."

The boys continued to walk their separate ways. Harry still in a state of confusion. What the hell just happened?

Instead of thinking about the encounter, Harry decided to focus on his appointment. He had weekly doctor appointments for multiple different things. It was mainly to check up on his health. His mother would break down at every appointment so Harry decided to go alone. His mother insisted that he take someone, so Harry would bring Liam. Liam would typically meet Harry there.

Harry looked up and realized he arrived. That was fast. Liam stood against the wall with one foot propped up and his phone in his hand. The boys greeted each other with a hug and trekked inside the building. Harry went up to the front desk and signed in before taking a seat on the plastic black chairs.

Liam didn't mind these appointments, and neither did Harry. Harry was used to doctors and nurses constantly surrounding the boy. Liam loved being there for his best mate.

"Harry Styles," a doctor spoke.

Harry quickly got out of his chair and walked towards the man.

"Right in here."

"Thank you," Liam added taking a seat next to Harry.

-

"Thank you! Bye," Harry waved at the doctor.

Liam and Harry walked out through the large double doors, feeling the sun on their faces. They said their goodbyes as Harry decided it was time to head home. It was 3pm and Zayn would be arriving soon.

Harry skipped steps of the stairs on the way to his bedroom. He quickly cleaned up, and changed into some comfy clothes. A green hoodie/jumper and a pair of sweatpants. Harry attempted to tame his curls but failed.

There was a knock on the door and Harry came bolting down the stairs to answer before his sister or mother did.

"Hey Harry."

"Come inside," Harry motioned for Zayn to walk in.

Harry shut the door behind the boy and lead him to his bedroom. They took a seat on the little couch at the end of Harry's bed.

They sat there in silence before Zayn spoke up, "So. I need to talk to you."

"Go ahead. I'm listening."

~5 years ago~

Zayn stared at the boy. Harry was ready. He didn't want to seem like a chicken in front of his friends.

-

Around midnight Liam grabbed Harry by the wrist taking him into an empty bedroom upstairs. Harry was confused, but decided not to question Liam. Soon enough, four other boys piled in. Harry recognized the first face immediately. Their friend, Zayn He arrived with his 2 friends. And then another boy came a minute later.

It was Zayn's idea to play a game.

"Let's play a game!"

"What type of game?" Liam questioned.

Zayn thought about it for a second while all the boys sat in a circle all eyes on Zayn. His mind quickly went through a mental list of party games.

Some boys were staring at him quite awkwardly. A few of the boys have been drinking as they stole a bottle of vodka from Liam's parents liquor cabinet. Keep in mind they were only 13.

"Let's play truth or dare," Zayn says certain.

Harry and Liam locked eyes sharing a look of confusion. They knew what truth or dare was and how to play, but the real reason they shared this look was because they both thought 'Was this guy serious?'. Truth or dare was typically a boring game.

After noticing the boys reaction to his words, he speaks up again.

"Extreme."

The boys shared a look, but soon agreed and nodded in unison.

-

Harry gulped. His heartbeat racing. His blood pressure rising and rushing through his body. He had to. There was no backing out.

Harry opened the bathroom door locking it behind him. The five boys watching him go in.

(SELF HARM START)

Harry starting to breathe more and more rapidly. He took the razor lying on the counter and tore out a single blade. This was it. It was the dare. He had to.

Closing his eyes, Harry slid the razor across his wrist creating a single bleeding cut. Harry tried to ignore the stinging and burning of it.

He turned on the tap water washing the cut and blade. Harry then placed the blade in his front pocket of his jeans and walked out.

(SELF HARM END)