Chapter 1: The Past

-- Warning --

This will have some dark themes in it. Such as past suicide-baiting, bullying, suicide thoughts, blood, pain, details of past attacks. As such, this is the warning for the entire story that I might write a bit of detail on some attacks from Izuku's past. This story will get darker in his past than canon.

-- Warning over --

3rd Pov:

Quirklessness. Quirkless people are those that are born with absolutely no quirk in their body. No unique features or anything that would place them into the classification of being a superhuman like the rest of the world. Instead, they become the 'normal' human in the unnormal world. These people make up a minority of the world with roughly 20% of the population being quirkless on a global scale.  

The quirkless population has a higher percentage in some countries like the United States but in Japan, there is a lower percentage of quirkless people. Roughly only 5% is assumed to be quirkless in the entire nation of Japan. As such, countries like Japan treat their quirkless people far worse than quirkless people are treated in countries like the United States that has a 15% quirkless rate. 

In the event of one Izuku Midoriya in the nation of Japan, he is treated like a lab rate. A subject of mockery and prejudice. The society of Japan sees quirkless people as weak and worthless or that their existence is a burden on their society. Ironically a lot of the top scientists that create support gear or new advances in medicine and other fields are all quirkless people. However, they are all in countries that have laws to protect them from discrimination and hate crimes unlike Japan that laws activity ignore the existence of the quirkless population. 

The laws are meant to be blind to who does what crime and judge them all fairly. However, when the person becomes quirkless the blindfold comes off and the fairness isn't there. There is only hatred! It's not uncommon for people to pity a quirkless person and it's also not uncommon for someone to hate the quirkless person and treat them poorly. Not everyone is like that and there are many decent people that try to help the quirkless population but the society of Japan turns a blind eye against the quirkless people. As such, not many changes have been made.

However, sometimes a quirkless person is really unlucky! They meet those that have a blind hatred for those that are quirkless and see it as some sort of a disease that should be killed off and some of those people have made many attempts to do such against the quirkless people when they are found. 

With this knowledge in hand let us explore the life of one Izuku Midoriya. The boy was born to Inko Midoriya and Hisashi Midoriya both of whom have quirks but gave birth to a quirkless child. The father would look at the boy in hatred while the mother would still look at the boy in love when the boy would turn the age of 4 and go visit the doctor. The father left for a trip overseas or so claimed the mother but Izuku knew that the father had left because of him. He was awake when he heard the parents argue. As such, he knew he was the reason he drove his mother's love away. 

Time would slowly pass and his former best friend Katsuki Bakugo would turn on him as well. The person he saw as a brother had turned his back on him at the age of 5. They grew more and more distant once he was declared quirkless and Izuku could no longer be a hero in Bakugo's eyes. However, Izuku still held hope in his eyes that his brother would return one day. 

As Izuku grew older the other children only grew crueler at the suggestions of his teachers. The teachers would encourage the children to harm him. They would turn a blind eye when the other children would throw their toys at him and throw rocks. They turned a blind eye when the other kids would destroy his items. They would turn a blind eye to the degrading terms that they used against Izuku. Worthless, useless, disease, and so many more. Then one-day Bakugo came up with the name Deku. It was another way to say Izuku's name according to Bakugo. As such, Izuku was now the shorter version of Dekunobou which meaning was good for nothing. In Bakugo's words, it meant someone who can't do anything.