Chapter 3: Eri & School Festival & Realisation

3rd Pov:

Izuku had woken up from his dream. He's been able to access one for all dreamscape quite a few times without issues. The past wielders said it's because they can open the connection from their side far more than they have with the past users. Normally they would just be able to do the first ghost vision that they did during the sports festival but OFA has synced up to Izuku far more than the past users which have allowed the past users to open the connection far more and communicate with Izuku. This has helped Izuku a lot since they have been teaching Izuku different fighting styles that they used in the past but they also have been working on his confidence far more. 

As Izuku decided to get up and move around for the day since the Festival would be coming up soon and they were still working on it. Izuku also wanted to visit Eri since she would be coming to stay at UA from now on and would live with their teacher Eraserhead. Izuku doesn't know how to feel about that. Overall, Izuku trusts him as a hero but as a teacher not so much due to how unhelpful Eraserhead has been in the classroom for Izuku. Bakugo hasn't been as aggressive as he used to be anymore which helps but Izuku still doesn't trust his teacher or any of the teachers enough to rely on them. As such, Izuku was placing his trust in Eraserhead as a hero and not a teacher and hoped that he would be good for Eri's care but Izuku would keep a watchful eye.

Eri was brought to the school the day before and Izuku would meet her with Mirio who has also become close to her. Eri was so happy to find her hero again after she was separated from him at the hospital. The moment she saw Izuku she ran to him and called out for "DEKU!" which no one noticed but Izuku slightly flinched at the fact that he remembered he made it his hero name and now a young child would be calling him that. Izuku has considered changing the hero name but didn't know what he would change it to and couldn't find a valid reason to change it either that others in his class or school would accept without questioning it. 

Mirio and Izuku just spoiled Eri throughout the festival but Izuku soon had to split apart and go work on the stage for his part. They haven't gotten her to smile yet but aimed to do it! As the show was going on. Izuku was working hard. 

The festival was going so well with the lights effects, the music, the animals

The festival was going so well with the lights effects, the music, the animals. Then Izuku noticed it. Eri was smiling! They did it! They had gotten her to smile! Izuku was so happy at that moment! Soon the festival was coming to an end and Izuku decided to go find Eri and Mirio and see how she was doing. They talked for about 30 minutes as the others were cleaning up. Eri was going through all of her motions of what she did and how she felt. It was truly heartwarming to Izuku that he got to help her smile again. It reminded Izuku that maybe his smiles wouldn't be fake all the time either since only a portion of his smiles were real and yet no one noticed. 

Soon the day was coming to a close and the festival had come to an end. Before Aizawa-sensei took Eri back to the teacher's dorm since she was already moved in, Izuku pulled out a candy apple that he had cooked for her and gave it to her. She once again lit up with a smile at that.