Ch.19 (The Ending Pt.2)

Edited

Naruto's POV:

I woke up in a bit of a daze. Imagine my surprise when instead of being in some jail cell in Suna, I was in my house hugging the girl that I had fallen in love with a long time ago.

We both were a bit surprised at first since I had went from sleeping on her to halfway across the room with a Kunai in my hand.

My initial reaction was that this was a trap, but I knew who Hinata-Chan was and I knew when she was a fake. I slowly dropped the kunai as my face morphed into confusion.

"...Hinata-Chan..?" I whispered loud enough for only us to hear. All she did in reply is nod and gently smile, removing any trace of doubt in my mind.

I let out a sigh of relief. She was definitely the real deal but she was different. She seemed to be more confident. I slowly made my way back to her, feeling cold and alone where I stood.

And all too soon my anxiety hit as I realized where we were, what state my house was in and the fact that my face was wet with tears.

"W-w-what happened?" I said wide-eyed with a raspy voice, assumably from crying.

She studied me for a minute before gently patting the floor next to her. I complied and sat next to her with my knees against my chest. She started explaining everything she knew the best she knew how. Everything. I... couldn't believe it... I almost started crying again if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't.

Hinata understood though. She finally understood me in a way that no one could before. Not even Garra or Jiji had.

Thinking back on it, she was the one who always looked out for me. Even in the chunin exams she cared for me. In fact, I'm surprised she didn't figure out sooner...

Suddenly it dawned on me, "What about the others? What do they know? H-how do I fix this?" I started ranting. Hinata just sat next to me in deep thought as I started to have a panic attack.

"Don't worry Naruto-kun. It's not the best time, but I want you to know that people do care and understand what your going through." She said looking at me nervously.

"W-hat do you-" I did have to finish my sentence. For the second time that week she had kissed me. Only this time I wouldn't forget. It wasn't a very long kiss, only lasting a few seconds but it was sweet... passionate. At that moment I understood what she was trying to say. It was like we were the only ones in the world and we were ok with that.

It was like magic.

She pulled away only moments later as we both processed what happened. I gently put my index finger to my lips as I looked at her curiously as to ask if that had really just happened. All it took was a nod and a small giggle from her to make me redder than a tomato.

We stayed in a peaceful silence for a moment as I contemplated everything that had happened. I sigh as I took her hand in mine and smiled gently causing her to blush as well.

"I-I l-lo-love you N-Naruto-k-kun..." Hinata said regaining her shyness. I laughed lightly at how cute she was acting before I, myself responded.

"I love you too Hinata-Chan."

⏰Time Skip⏰

I slowly walked to the Hokage's Office, my hand locked in a tight grip with Hinata's. The villagers left me alone for once, only staring from afar instead, probably upset that the rumor of me being a baby again was "false." I appeared calm as I walked hand in hand with my new (and gorgeous) girlfriend but we both knew I was terrified to see everyone.