Chapter 19

Nijah

When we pull up to the house I notice the neighborhood and it's the same neighborhood August lives in. Damn can this get any worse and before it does I already know it is. I just slouch in the back seat going up my dad's unknown house drive way and of course she would be in the car too with the ice pack on her face.

We get out the car and I walk to the front door quickly and waiting impaitently on my dad and his side chick Amanda . He finally opens the door to see a beautiful house that I could tell was decorated by Amanda unfortunately this house is looks better and bigger than ours and we live in the suburbs . When we get in my dad pull me over to the couch and sit ne down while Amanda went to clean her face.

"Now Nijah I understand you're very much upset"

I interrupt. "Upset ain't the word I'm pissed the hell off"

"Okay now you look here you will not be cussing in my house or around me , now I get that you're pissed the hell off at me , but you will never disrespect me!", say raising his voice and getting so close in my face that I feel his spit hitting my face. " Now do you understand me"

I nod my head. "Daddy I'm so pi... I mean angry because you have a double life ", I say." You sat there gave Thalia and I all these lectures about loving someone and never doing them wrong and just find out that you live a double life and very much a hypocrite as well"

"I know Nijah I know, but I can't keep apologizing either and I have to tell your mother of course because she think I've only had an affair when it is really more"

"This is really going to hurt her and not just her Thalia too why didn't you think about your selfish act affecting our whole family?"

"Honestly I didn't know I just wanted to spark something new cause your mother and I were falling out"

"Well cheating on her wasn't the way and then with that white bitch up there"

"Hey watch it ",I say standing up and so do I." You ain't too old for a ass whopping "

"And your mistress ain't too old to get her ass beat again either "

"Nijah!"

"Daddy!",I scream." I'll beat her ass again and will not care"

"Nijah your pushing it and you need to apologize !"

"No you pushed it and I ain't giving her no sorry I hate her and I HATE YOU!"

Then it struck me. He slapped me.He slapped me so hard I fell backwards I looked at daddy in disbelief that he had done something like that to me. I cried cause I'm supposed to be his little girl that he would never hurt, but he did and in the worst of ways too.

"Nijah I'm deeply sorry", he say realizing what he had done.

"No get away from me!" , I yelled with tears falling from my eyes.

"Nijah please come here I didn't mean to do it"

"I said no get away from me and just leave me alone", I get up and run to the front door seeing that Amanda was coming downstairs and that's what made me run to the door even more. I open it running down the street to August since he live on the block, also I can tell him anything. When I got to his house all the lights were off I knocked on the door and he didn't answer. I knocked again and he still didn't come dammit August come on. I knock one last time and he finally answers the door. He was sleep he was rubbing his eyes his looked at me surprised to see me standing at his door this late at night.

"Hey Nijah what you doin walkin this late and shit you know its weird ass people out at this time of night?",he say letting me in.

"I wanted to see you", I lie.