Chapter 20

Nijah

I asked August yesterday when I was on the phone with him to see if he can buy Lila a plane ticket and gradually did so. Now that Lila's coming to town I can finally have a real friend again besides Sharlise. I don't care how Lila would feel when I tell her this, but she's needs to know the truth about her so called "friend". She should actually be getting here in 8 hours since she has a night flight.  I can't wait for her to come and we can hang again and she also told me that she's talking some boy she said it's not Keith. Which is actually a good thing its not him cause he fucks Sharlise anyway, but hell she'll know soon. Not only that I've got another problem of my own . My dad and we gotta figure something out so it won't be tension in the house when I go and stay with him.

I get up off the bed grabbing clothes to put in my suitcase. Cathy comes in helping me pack my clothes to leave.

"I'm really going to miss you helping around the house and salon you're such a good girl and amazing influence in Sharlise ", Cathy say and looks up at me smiling.

"Thank you,but how was I an amazing influence on Sharlise?", I say wondering what she meant.

"She's lucky to have a friend like you and I'm proud you are",she smile and gring ne in for a hug."  I hope things get better for you Nijah you're a beautiful girl that doesn't deserve what's going on right now with your dad"

"Oh it's okay what goes around comes around ", I say not looking up at her.

"It sure does, now come on let's get you going "

"Okay", I say with us both getting up grabbing my luggage.

I wait on my dad and while I'm waiting on him Sharlise comes down stairs and eyeball not saying anything.

"Well  hello to you too Sharlise ", I say with sarcasm.

She looks at me and wave and walk away. I just laugh to myself at how petty she is and her stank attitude. I ignore her and sit waiting on my dad to come get me as much as I don't want to  go I have to. I wait patiently for my dad who still isn't here yet, so I fall asleep.

.......

I hear a horn honking that wakes me up. I getup looking out the window to see ny dad in the car. I look at the time and see that it's 5:30 and he was supposed to be here at 12 this afternoon. I get my things and walk out the front door giving the house one last look and getting in the car. I see that the mistress isn't here today umph hope she's dead though. I get in the backsest not wanting to sit by my dad unfortunately I'm still on the presence of him. We don't say anything and drive back to his house. I get out the car and wait for him to open the door. We still haven't said not a single word to eachother since we been in the car and now. 

"Your  rooms upstairs third door to your left", he finally speaks.

"Okay", I say dryly and go into the room.

It was pretty and nicely decorated I'm guessing this is my dads I'm sorry then. It had my two favorite colors dandelion  yellow and lavender. There were posters of course some of August  and pictures a huge pretty bed and my name painted on the wall in cursive.

"Wow", I say in amazement taking it all in.

"So you like it?", I hear a voice say and turn to see who spoke. It was Amanda I was actually a bit surprised to see her there and not my dad.

"Ugh yeah you did this?", I ask.

"Yep I'm an artist I have my paintings all over the world in galleries ", she say smiling and nodding.

"What's your name?"

"What ", she say in confusion.

"Your artist name what's your name ", I say slowly as if she didn't understand.

"Amanda Tuplut"

I turn around in shock and bewildered that my favorite artist Amanda Tupult is my dads mistress she is so famous for her work because it's beautiful and tells a story ,but it seem that she isn't so beautiful. She doesn't even go by maiden name when I was at the salon she went by Barkens so I wonder are they married or engaged or no title at all, because this just doesn't make sense.

"Wow so my favorite artist is my dad mistress", I say carelessly.

She looked down and sighed.". I swear I didn't know he was married when I first started seeing your dad"

"If didn't know he was married at first why did you continue to go on with the affair when you did find out?"

She looked at me without answering nothing. I just chuckle to my self and tell her to leave my presence and she do as so. I don't care if her feelings are hurt either she should feel really stupid for what she did, and especially since they've been doing it for years too. I just lay on the bed until it's time for Lila to land cause it's not a long flight and she should be here by at least 8:45 or 9:00.

.......

August

I come home from the studio and go inside taking a shower and then relaxing. I watch some t.v. and eat before putting my clothes on to go and chill with my neighbor. Since he live right down the street I just walk . When I get to the house I see more cars than usual in the driveway guess he got people over.  I shake it off knocking on the door waiting for it to open.

"Wssp Mitchell", I say.

"Hey August come on in",he say letting me step in the house."So how you been?"

"I'm aight' I been workin' a lot though and tired as hell, but gotta grind and get this money tho"

"Well I guess that's right my nigga",he say trying to talk hood. I laugh at him cause fuckin' 40 and be tryna act hip as hell.

" Mitchell please man", I say gripping his shoulder. "How bout a drink?"

"Yeah I guess that'll do besides work was stressful today"

We walk into the kitchen getting two glasses pouring Ciroc into both glasses. We sit for a bout a hour talking ,laughing, and drinking.

"So August", he say putting down his cup after taking a sip. "You find yourself a lucky lady yet?"

I sit my glass down to answer his question. "Actually yeah"

"Wow who is she?"

"Well I met her in the Lou", I say with Mitchell looking confused." St.Louis man you from there".

He laugh and nods his head.

"Anyway it was at one of my concerts and mama was looking good , so of course I do what Aug would do and try to hop down"

"Please tell me you didn't sleep with her"

"Nah ma wasn't having it, but I did keep her mind"

"Hmph so what's her name?"

"Awe Ni-", I was interrupted by the sound of a familiar female voice yelling daddy.

"In the kitchen", he yell. "My daughter loves you she going to freak when she see you"

The girl soon walked in and it was Nijah wearing shorts, converse and north face jacket. We look at each other with confusion and nervously.

"Nijah meet August I know that you love him and all , so here you go"

She stood looking dumbfounded as fuck just like me.

"Nijah are you going to speak?"

"Ugh hi August"

I wave at her. Things got really awkward for a second. "Ugh dad I'm going to pick up Lila from the airport", she snap out of her daze.

"Sure drive safe"

"Okay bye daddy bye August"

I wave bye and take a large gulp of alcohol and another. I get my things prepared to leave cause this shit is all fucked up.

"Aye Mitchell I gotta get home cause yungin got some stuff to do in the morning"

"Awe well okay see you later August ", he say opening the front door for me and I leave out. "Hey August don't try anything with my daughter she's only 17".  He laugh and I don't. I give a fake chuckle and walk home. He just don't know