Chapter 15

Nijah

Two whole weeks passed and I can say things are going swell. Things at the job are good and I can say so is August and I. I also called home a few times to see how things were going. Mom told me that Thalia been pretty depressed and that she didn't even go to Grandma Dottie Mae's. I feel really bad for her right now cause I know she needs comforting and I'm not there to do it. Mom also told me that dad moved out and that the divorce was final and done with. It really upsets me to see my parents getting a divorce after 13 whole years I'm really  going to miss being all together as family having fun , but I  guess this was meant to happen due to the fact that my father was having constant affairs. I swear if  I ever meet the woman that destroyed our family its going to be hell for them and I truly mean that. I've actually been watching the woman that came into the salon about two weeks ago and she always has money on her like what does she do cause it look like she only shops and how much she comes to the salon. I also noticed that she is always on the phone too, talking and not to a woman more like a man. I don't why but something about her is supious and sneaky and I'm going to find out.

.......

August

I hear my dumbass alarm clock go off on my phone. I forgot had somewhere to be today too.  I got a interview with the breakfast club at 11:00 this morning and I don't feel like getting ready for this shit either, but I gotta go. Damn man I just wanted to sleep in today I haven't no real sleep in some days I either been at interviews, the studio, or with  Nijah.

And that girl can get a nigga tired, yet its worth it though. She always got me up and going. She's a positive influence on me too and that's exactly what I need cause I'm falling in love with her. I'm still the same nigga just a lil happier  than usual. I would call her over, but I got things to do. Sometimes I really hate my fucking work schedule, but I gotta make this money.

.........

I been here at the interview about thirty minutes now and everything cool I guess. I mean like at least they not asking me questions that I told them not to ask before I got up here.  I wasn't even paying attention to be for real, but Dj Envy did catch my attention on of these topics.

"So August I was on instagram this morning to see that you are at the mall hugging and kissing on some chick so August you probably already know my question whos the lucky lady?" Dj Envy says while smacking his lips. Dammit I don't feel like being on this topic and where is this coming from.

"Watcha you talm bout man?", I say acting confused.

"Man you know",he say poking his lips to the side."It was on Instagram this morning I don't know who postes it cause it is going viral"

"So who is the lucky lady?"

Shit! If I answer they gon wanna know her name and I'm not about to tell them about Nijah and not only that she fucking 17 I don't need or want the media in my business.

"Ugh she just a friend,  nothing major you know ya boy a ladies man",I say regretting everything I just said.

"Awe August just another groupie?"

"Yea basically "

I swear I hope Nijah ever watch or hear this interview ,because if she do I might as well kill myself.

Nijah: Three hours later

I was at work doing more bookings and answering the phone and once again here comes the usual customer Amanda. I've seen her so much since I been here that I noticed she has moles in the weirdest places like that's annoying.  I sound bitchy , but she's getting on my nerves and I'm growing supious on who the hell is the man she always talking to. Like the voice is so familiar to me and it make me think of my father.  I don't want to say its him ,but he's has cheated before and most of it probably happened on "business trips" anyway. Maybe I should just forget about it.

"So  who is the lucky lady?", I heard a mam voice say distracting me from working . It wasn't a man in here and the radio wasn't on so where is it coming from?

" Ugh she just a friend,  nothing major you know ya boy a ladies man", I heard another voice say and it sounds like August! I continue to listen I still didn't know who was playing it,but I listened anyway.

"Awe August just another groupie?"

"Yeah basically "

I am freaking livid right now who and what. August was talking about, cause I want to know who the hell the groupie chick is!

I just decide to ask who was playing the interview, which I assume it is.

"Who's playing that interview? ",I ask getting back blank stares and finally someone answers.

"Me why?", a odd looking woman say with her phone in the air.

"May I see it?", I ask cautiously.

"Sure", She wave her hand over to me to come watch. She replays the video and its August. As I'm watching I become so damn livid I want to curse at him why would he say that and call me a groupie like what the hell!

"When was this video posted?"

She scroll down and say, "Today about three hours ago"

I look at the time on her phone and its going on 2:30 in a few seconds. I thank the lady and return to working until 5:45 when I get off. I wanted to talk to somebody so bad, but I couldn't cause I didn't know the people that worked here too well and today was Sharlise off day and I can't tell her aunt about August cause she know that I would've been partially lying to hear about my boyfriend.So I guess I write, I write when I'm angry,sad, or just in the mood.

.........

When my shift is over I go to the house with Cathy and go straight upstairs . They asked if I was hungry , but I was so upset so I shook my head no and went on about myself. I kicked off shoes jumping right into the bed. If he calls he's going to voicemail and I'm so serious! Right then I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket. Its him. I sent him to voicemail he called again so I did it again! This continued for I don't know how long, but I in a million years never thought I would be dating August Alsina and now wanting to rip his head off. He called one last time so I just gave in cause I could at least let him explain himself and I don't want to be feeling stupid over something so petty right now.

"Hello", I say.

"Why you  been sending me to voicemail? ",He say."I was trying to check up on you,but you kept ignoring my phone calls"

"Cause" ,I say not wanting to jump to conclusions, but I'm just going to ask him."August I saw your interview today and why did you call me a groupie?"

I heard him kiss his teeth," Nijah I ain't even mean it like that I only said it cause I don't want the media in my business that's all"

I let out a sigh," I guess you're right, but who took the picture? "

"I don't know Nijah"

"Well okay I guess I'll talk to you later"

"You still mad?"

"Nope just tired call me in hour or two"

"Alright love you",he say reluctantly.

OMG! He said "I Love You". I never told a guy that before, so this feels wierd and weird is a feeling  that's apart of Love.

"Love you too bye Auggie"

"Bye Ma"

A slight smile crept up on my face as I thought  that I would never be falling in love and now its happening.