Chapter 9

My last chapter was made to give you all a small glimpse of drama okay

August

I wake up at  5:45 am when I heard my phone ringing  and it was Nijah calling me crying saying she had a bad dream of some one killing her daddy. She was telling me about them getting a divorce, but I didn't know what to tell her cause I don't really know much about good married parents since my pops and step pops  were both on drugs.

"I'm sorry to hear that lil mama I wish I could comfort you right now tho' ", I said through the phone

"It's okay I just really needed some body to vent to that's all"

"You can talk to me whenever you want lil mama. Want me to sing to you

"I would like that a lot", she giggle into the phone.

"Okay", I start singing Kissin on my Tattoos to her. When I finished I could hear her yawn.

"Thanks call you tomorrow okay "

"Okay bye", I say quietly.

I hang up the phone and smile to myself .I go back to sleep as I sleep I have a dream. All I see is people running while I'm performing. Now I see police and ambulance I'm really scared right now. Then I see a girl but I can't make out the face I tried to see her ,but the paramedic pushed me back and as they drove off I stood in the middle of the street just to get hit by a car. Right then and there I wake up sweating . I'm bout to go back to sleep, hope I dream about food cause a nigga hungry.

Nijah

I can't believe the dream I had . I don't ever want anyone to kill my dad. I really hate I had that nightmare it kind of worries me about my dad now. I need some warm milk. As I was about to get up I heard  sexual noises. It wasn't my parents for sure cause we're right across the hall from each other. I walk towards my window and see Keith's light on. I don't want to watch ,but who the heck is at his house while this going on. I walk closer and hear a girls voice telling him to go faster and it sound familiar I listen closer and ....Oh my gosh! Its Sharlise! Why would she be having sex Keith? She hates him well at least that's what I thought . She better hope Lila don't find out about this or else it's the end of their friendship . I don't evrn want milk anymore I need some shots now!

......

I wake up the next morning still with everything weighing heavily on my mind the divorce, the dream, and that and you know what I mean by That! I need a good shower. I collect my hygiene items and get
inside the shower I heard my phone ringing while I was washing up. If it was August I'll just call him back when I get out. As for anyone else like ugh cough cough ... Sharlise she better hope I can think straight if it was her that called.

I soon get out the shower and check my phone to see who called. Yep it was Sharlise . I guess I'll call her back.

"Hey Shar", I  say all uneasy.

"Hey Nijah I was calling cause I wanted to know if you would like to go to Atlanta with me for the summer and work at my aunt Cathy's nail salon. You get paid weekly too, so how about it?", She say all cheery.

"Ugh sounds cool", I say, "but is kee I mean Lila coming?"

I'm glad I caught that.

" No she's gotta visit her grandparents, but are you okay ?"

"Yeah I'm still sleepy"

"Its 1:15 pm"

"Well I want to take a nap"

"But you hate naps"

She just wont quit , "I take them now though talk to you later".

I hung up the phone before I let her say anything else. I just hope she got explanation for us especially for Lila. Boy this is about to be one heck of a summer.

.....

I walk  across the hall and knock on my parents door even though it's open.

"Dad", I say lightly

"Yes Nijah?", he reply looking at a newspaper.

" Sharlise invited me to go down to Atlanta with her for the summer to work at her Aunt Cathy nail salon"

"You'll have to ask your mother, but as for me sure sweetheart"

I lite up like a star, "Ohhh thank you daddy I love you", I say hugging him tight.

"You're welcome baby", he say laughing. "You know its going to be a kid free summer right?"

"Yeah I know Thalia going's to grandma Dottie Mae and I'm going to Atlanta awesome! I can't wait", I walk out the room happy as ever, but I hope it stay this way .