Chapter 8

Nijah parents Mitchell and Michelle
I noticed that I never gave her mom a name until now lol

Nijah

School is finally out and I am happy as hell! I can do whatever I want now. Time for partying, amusement parks, and swimming which means I can wear my bathing suit ....well when I buy it. But I do know that Lila, Sharlise, and I are going shopping for our bathing suits for a pool party tonight, but yet again I got to sneak to the party instead of just telling my parents. I really wish I could just go and tell them where I'm going and when I'm going, but I can't cause they be tripping! I hope things change this year between us cause I don't want to argue them up and down about what I can do. To be honest I don't see why they care so much I know their my parents and all, but they be doing the most and my dad can't really tell me nothing cause he cheated on my mom before so how he is going to tell me how to be responsible when he's been with a faithful woman for 13 years. I wonder did it start up again cause the day my mom  came in looking upset when Lila and Sharlise were over mom came in the house looking frustrated and tired. I hate seeing her like that and hate the fact she walks around looking glum. I guess I'll talk to her before I leave with Lila and Sharlise, cause I would really like to know why my momma been acting quiet and distant from daddy. I go across the hall and I knock on her door three times.

"Come in", I hear my mom yell through the other side of the door.

" Hey mommy", I say peeking my head through the door. "You need some company?"

" Yes,I would love some company munchie", she say with a smile.

She call me munchie cause when I was I little I was always munching on food." What you doing ma?"

"Nothing thinking"

"About what?"

"Everything munchie", she says  sighing, " I'm filing for divorce".

My mouth fell to my stomach. I had a feeling  they weren't doing well, but I didn't know it would lead up to this

"Why?", I say still in disbelief.

"Girl I know you been noticing us argue and besides your father has been having an affair for over 2 months"

"Then why didn't you divorce then?"

"Cause I wanted to give him time to confess and admit that we fell out of love and he's with a another woman"

My eyes began to tear and I looked at my mom and she brought me in for sorry .

"I'm sorry munchie", she say holding me close to her heart. I can hear it beating.

" It's okay mom you're doing what's best for you", I say wiping my tears looking at my mom

"Thank you my munchie",we give each other a tight hug and my mom starts singing the song I made her when I was four.

"I like cookies with warm milk, I like syrup on my waffles I like fooood!", my mom and I sang together.

We laughed and eventually fell asleep. When I woke up I asked her to go to the party instead of sneaking off and I was very surprised she said yes. She said it was time I started doing more teenage girl things and I definitely agree.

Sorry i took hellas to update, but thanks for the reads tho