Chapter 13

Nijah

Sharlise and I met her aunt at the salon. As soon as we walk in nail polish and other strong chemicals hit my nose making my head hurt. I look over and see that Sharlise is covering her nose as well. I guess the smells were getting to her too. We see her aunt and walk up to her to see what she needs us to do.

"Hey girls", Her aunt Cathy greets us.

"Hey", we say in unison.

"So what you need us to do?", Sharlise asked.

"Sharlise I need you to work in the back with restocking and receipts, she says then turn to me."And Nijah I need you to work at the counter with money and booking okay"

"Okay we got it", I respond.

"Great ", she says clapping her hands together and going to assist a customer.

"Well lets get busy", Sharlise says turning to me and going to the back to start work.

I walk over to the receptionist desk and wait for a new customer to come in.

I woman walks in and she's very pretty. She's white and has long curly brown hair pretty green eyes, and  actually is thick for a short chick like herself. She comes toward  me with a smile plastered on her face taking her sunglasses off smacking on gum.

"Hello welcome to Hollywood Nails and  how may I help you today?", I said smiling back at her.

"I Have an appointment with Kaylie today"

"Okay may I have your name?"

"Amanda"

"Alright let me check my book then", I search the book looking for Amanda I finally find it and see that she has the same last name as me. That's weird I never met another Barkens ,but okay. "Here we go, you may have a seat for now she has another client at the moment"

"Okay thank you", she smiles taking a seat.

I nod my head.

I wonder if she's married if she is I wanna know to who cause  there's not too many Barkens that I know of, but I'm  not going to ask cause I don't want to be invading in her business. I ignore it and continue to do bookings and answer the phone all day.

.......

My shift is finally over and Sharlise and I are ready to go and relax cause my feet are killing me. I got to work at 8 and getting off at 5 its quite a while, but yet worth the money and time. We head to Cathy's car getting in driving back to the house. I receive a text message from August saying that he has some thing for me.

August: Hey bae I got some thing for you later on so call or text back when you can.

I reply with an OK emoji hand. I decided I'll call him later cause I'm so drowned out  that I need a very peaceful nap. When we make it to the house and go upstairs to the guest room that I'm staying in  and drift off to sleep.

August

I finish up this song in the studio with Chris, Jeremih, Future and Khaled. Its a dope single or whatever and I feel that the song is what I'm gon' be be doin' for Nijah. Holding her down like in the song "I'll hold you dooown " I sing in my head and now that she mine I'll give her any and everything she wants cause she mine and I'm the one that's gon hold her down. I get up leaving the  studio early instead of staying here turning up with the boys.

"Aye where you going Aug?", Future yell out to me.

"Home", I say rubbing me head.

"What Aug going home", Chris says trying to be sarcastic.

"Yeah nigga I need to hit up my girl"

"Awe we see ya gon and do you", Future say while the rest of them sip on Hennessey .

"Aight y'all" I say walking out the door and they throw up the peace sign.

I walk out the studio getting in my car to go home. On the way I think about Nijah and what I wanted to do with her today. When I make it home I go in the kitchen fixing me a sand which going upstairs to my room to chill and watch T.V.

My eyes began to feel heavy and slowly close and was awaken by a ringing phone .

I groan."Uggggh", I answer the phone not looking at the number."Hello"

"Hey Auggie I got your message" , I realize that it was Nijah.

"Awe yeah I almost went to sleep until you called"

"Awe well go back to sleep then", she say with her lighting up.

"It's okay you can come through if you want to cause I wanted to do something today anyway"

"Alright I'll be there soon"

"Ok", I hang up and lay on my pillow. I finally decide to get up and go get in the shower before Nijah get here. I get in the shower for about 30 minutes. I get out putting on my boxers basketball  shorts and lotion up. I hear knocks at the door and jog downstairs to answer it. I open the door to see Nijah. I look at her up and down licking my lips. She was wearing a blue belly shirt and stone washed thot shorts with some wheat timberlands.

"Aug I'm up here", she say waving her hand in my face.

"Awe I'm sorry I got caught up", I say biting my lip.

"Mmm hmm", she say coming in closing the door, "So what you got for me?"

"I wanted to take you out shopping that's all", I say wrapping my arms around her waist looking down at her since she so short.

"Ohh I would love that", she say jumping up in joy.

I laugh," Aight let me put some clothes on though"

"Kk, but I like what you got on now" she rub my chest.

"I know but I ain't going to jail for public nudity", I say making her laugh.

"Boy get dressed"