Chapter 22

August

I finish eating up my breakfast and wait for my lil nieces since I'm takin' em somewhere today. I get up throwin my dishes in the sink and then brushing my teeth again. I look at myself in the mirror for a while damn August you so fuckin' conceited. I hear knocks at the door that turn my attention away from myself. I jog downstairs openin' the front door to see my lil nieces and they mama.

"Uncle Aug", they say cheerfully hugging me tight.

"Hey my babies", I kiss all three of their foreheads. "Hey Chacha when you want em' back?"

"Keep em as long as you want ", she say and we laugh." Okay bye girls"

"Bye mama", they wave. "So what we doing today?"

" Well how bout we go bowling?"

"Ohhh that sound fun", Maya say jumping up and down.

"So bowling it is?",I say for confirmation.

They nod. "Well come on then", we head out the door on our way to the bowling alley.

Amanda

I make my way to the salon where Nijah used to work. I need to try and scoop up dirt on her, cause she came in the house pretty late last night. Her father think she's innocent when I see guilty written all over her precious face. I know that her little friend can help me too so that's exactly why I'm going.

I walk in the salon to see if she's working today. I observe the room to see if I can spot her. Aww there she is. I walk to the receptionist desk to let Portica know that I'm canceling with my regular and getting my scalp washed. Since she shampoos sometimes I sit right in front of her.

"Hello ma'am how are you?", she ask politely.

"I'm fine thank you very much", I say as she put my hair in the sink. "So where's your little friend?"

"Oh you mean the one that beat your ass"

I scoff at her smart remark. "Yes she did, but where is she?

"I don't know she lives with you and her dad now and you know it so why are asking me?"

"Well because she's your friend you should know about her"

"Not exactly friends any more I can say its a long story ,so why do you ask?"

"It's a little thing called revenge you can help right I'll pay?"

She sits quiet for a second and answer "Sure how much?"

"One thousand dollars"

"Deal!", she says nodding her head. I have exactly what I need now. "What do I have to do spy on her and take pictures bringing them back to me"

"Okay plain and simple"

We sit discussing things to do and if I get new information to bring it back to her. I was trying to be nice, but she pushed me to bitch mode.

Nijah

Lila sit in my room braiding each others hair and talking. She asked what took me so long cause she thought my dad wasn't buying it. I told her what happened ,but didn't give her any details.

"Yo ass betta watch out you gon be knocked up", she say laughing.

"No I'm not it's just that he shows me something that I've always longed for you know what I mean", I say smiling a bit." I'm still the same me it's just me in love he controls me and he does, but it keeps me sane"

"Awe Nijah I'm so happy for you only if Keith would realize me"

"Lila give up he's a nobody that doesn't see a beautiful girl in front of him ", I say and she holds her head down." I don't want to tell you this, but Keith is Sharlise boyfriend"

Her face goes straight to disappointment and anger.  " Some friend she is she know I crushed on him since forever!" , she yelled. " All she had to do was tell instead I find out this way"

"Sorry Lila I know how much you liked him ,but he doesn't deserve you and neither does Sharlise"

"Yeah I guess you're right  fuck friends, but you of course", she say and we laugh together " But I'm still pissed and if I see her she's going to really hate". Few minutes later I received a text message from August asking me to join him and his nieces at the bowling alley.

"Hey wanna come with me to the bowling alley with August?", I ask Lila as she lay upside down.

"Sure why not"

We take showers getting ready to leave. I take my dad's second car to go to the bowling alley. When we arrive I see August and he see's us paying our way.

"Hey babes", I say hugging him kissing and his cheek.

"Sup ma' ", he kiss me. "Hey Lila"

"Hi August", she say waving.

We walk over to where his nieces are bowling and when they see me they run to give me hugs. We all bowl and joke around then go to McDonald's to eat.

We walk inside to order our food and August goes first. When he walk up one of the girl cashier cheeses really hard trying to flirt. I see his nieces get irritated and roll their eyes.

"Oh my gosh he just uncle Aug", the youngest girl Kay says. I look at August and we both laugh , while the cashier looks humiliated by his nieces. Then Maya come over dragging me next to August making us hug. I knew exactly what she was doing and I let it happen. Soon after he drop off his nieces while Lila , August, and I stay up  watching movies then going home.