Chapter 1

Nijah in mm

I wake up early in the morning and I look to my right on my nightstand and grab my phone off the charger. I see that I have two missed phone calls and one message. It's probably all from my friends Lila and Sharlise. Of course it was them I just ignore the messages falling back on my bed. I really don't want to go to school today, but I have to its getting closer to my senior year and I need to do my best this year so I can get into the college of my choice. I let out a huge sigh while lifting myself up. I rub my eyes taking off my bonnet. I get dressed I don't need to take a bath because I do it at midnight. I like late night showers for some reason. I brush my teeth doing my hair in a cute little pom pom's. A little bit of mascara and lipstick and I'm ready. I walk back inside my room looking at the big poster hanging on my wall. Gosh he gorgeous! I admire his face so much. August Alsina! He is bae for life and I love him. Oh only if I could meet him. I ask my parents can I go to his concert that's coming up, but they said his songs are too "inappropriate". I really don't care what they have to say cause nothing going to change me and my love for August Alsina.

After I'm done looking at the picture I get my book bag going down stairs to see both of my parents up. My mom owns a boutique and my dad has a furniture store . We're not the richest, but we get enough to get us all through so you can say we're kinda a regular american family in the suburbs. I'm the oldest out my 14 year old sister and I. My little sister name is Thalia Barkens and I'm Nijah Barkens. I'm your regular 17 year old girl. I got to school , and have a small clique of friends , and gets irritated by their younger sibling. What I like doing most is dancing, singing , and drawing. I have three talents that I keep to myself. I'm just too shy to tell anyone I don't know why though. I'm average height as I say to myself I'm 5'5 and lightly dark skinned with neck length hair that's dark brown and pretty brown eyes. I love dressing up as well as designing my own clothes too . I have this thing for fashion. I love it! Sometimes I imagine myself being August Alsina personal stylist. I don't know why I'm crazy obsessed I guess cause he is Inspiring and he's been through a lot to get to where he need to be and that's what I absolutely love about him and he is so open minded, but let me stop my crazy fan girl moment right now and get in my car to go to school. I run down the steps saying goodbye to my mom ,dad, and little sister Thalia going out the door getting into my car. I speed off down the road heading to my high school Mehlville High.

I soon arrive at the school and walk inside this depressing building going to my locker. I see my two friends Lila and Sharlise waiting on me. I grab all my stuff and run towards them hugging tightly. We do this every morning for no reason at all.

" Hey girlies" ,I shout in excitement.

" Hey", they say in response.

"Well how are you this morning?"

"Well I am very good," Lila spoke.

"Already it 6:45 am, your day is going that good already?"

"Yeah, so I was walking to my locker with Sharlise when all of a sudden I bumped into Keith and I fell down, so looked and licked his lips like Ll cool J"

"Soooo he didn't apologize?"

"He did, he was like my bad shawty"

I just looked at her as she stood there smiling like a dummy! That was that he couldn't help her up or anything?  I'm just going to let her be. I dont get what she see's in him. He my annoying next door neighbor who is big man whore.

"Girl the nigga ain't even bother to help yo ass up,"Sarlise said in a irritated tone.

" I know!," she smiled all goofy while Shar and I looked at her like she lost her damn mind.

I just sat there and stared. I love my best friend, but she so dingy!

"Well lets head to class before the bell ring", I say breaking silence intertwining my arms with theirs.

We walk to class talking and laughing.

"Okay see you at lunch", Lila and Sharlise go into their first period leaving me to walk to mine by myself.

..........

The rest of the school day was pretty cool besides lunch.A stupid fight broke out and people were bumb rushing to see the fight that I fell down and my lunch went with me. I was so livid. It was all over me luckily I always kept clothes in my locker just in case for anything.

The day was now over and my sister and I were on our way home. I was listening to 104.1 when a commercial break came on.

" Hey Nijah turn the radio up", My little sister said.

" Alright and that was Chris Brown featuring Usher and Rick Ross New Flame,the Radio host yelled into my speakers." Now I know all you young girls are in love with August Alsina he is coming here to St.Louis this weekend, Saturday May 15th for his Testimony tour and one of you lucky girls get a chance to-"

I heard the radio station change.

"Hey go back", I yelled.

"But"

"Just go back"

Thalia went back to the station like I told her to.

" Okay now all you have to do is call 636-301-2444 you have to be the 20th caller so go now to win those tickets and backstage passes!"

I stop the car and pull out my phone and call the number. Ugh its ringing ,ringing, and there they answered.

" You are the 12th caller sorry"

"UGH!" I sigh loudly.

I call one more time and I'm the 15th person. I wait five seconds and

" You are the 20th caller!"

I scream to the top of my lungs.

"Oh my gosh are you serious?"

"Yes I am and what is your name little lady?"

"Nijah Barkens"

" Well Nijah come down to 104.1 radio station right now to collect your prize"

I scream one more time,"Thank you so much"

I hang up the phone and drive as fast as I could to get to that radio station. In less than 15 minutes I'm pulling up to the radio station. I walk inside to the front desk.

" Hi how may I help you?", A woman that look like she's in her late 30s ask me. She has short blonde hair and wear a lot of make up caked on her face and seems a little snooty too.

" Yeah I'm Nijah Barker the winner of the August Alsina concert tickets"

"Yeah, okay go straight to the back and make a right and it's the second door to the left. They should know who you are"

"Okay" I say with a smile and she just look at me.

"I don't like her",Thalia whispered to me in my ear.

"Me either she was so snobbish"

"I know right. You work for them you aren't them so chill out and get your nose out the air"

I laugh at what Thalia said about the front desk lady.

We finally reach the room and I knock on the door.

A tall muscular man open the door for us and let me in.

" Hey, you must be Nijah", the man say with a friendly gesture.

" Yes and this is my sister Thalia"

Thalia wave and the man smile at her.

"Well since you were the 20th caller you get two tickets and backstage passes"

" Omg thank you so much", I say giving him hug. I obviously forgot where I was.

He laughed and looked at me," You welcome lil lady. The concert on Friday at 7 to 11".

"Okay thank again"

He waves at us and Thalia and I leave going home. Oh I have to tell somebody about this!