Chapter 24

Nijah

I get up going to the bathroom because I had to pee and was still at August . I see the light on my flashing. I decide to see what it is. Its a message from a unknown number.

Unknown: I know your little secret and everything else I even know where you go thinking that I don't, but I do. I truly do. While your life is perfect I'm suffering ask your daddy.

Who in the hell would send me this? Only person I can think if would be Sharlise and nevertheless. I read over it one more time wondering who this anonymous sender is. It actually scares me to know that it could be a psycho path. I don't know, but I don't like it one bit.

I don't wanna wake August and tell him because I know how he is, so I guess I ignore cause whoever it is doesn't have correct information anyway. I put my phone down and go to the bathroom to pee. I flush the toilet then washing my hands to go back to sleep. I lay right up under August and he put his hand on my thigh. I fall back to sleep easily .

Amanda

I wait in the living room ready for Nijah to walk through that door. Her dad thinks she innocent and always over sharlise house and they're not even friends. It's 3am and she just made it in the door. 

"Hey Nijah where you been?"

"Out Sharlise, Lila, and I got caught up at Cathy's house"

"Well then why isn't Lila coming in with you?"

"She was tired and decided to leave early while I stayed and fell asleep"

"Oh well goodnight"

"Night"

She runs upstairs or at least try. She been fucking August that's why she can't walk or run. I don't see how her dad didn't notice it. It be as clear as day. I sip my tea laughing to myself. She has no idea what's in store for her.

Nijah

After coming in the house so late Amanda questions me yet again. If it was my dad I wouldn't care because he's barely here since he has a whole other job here. Also who is she to be in my business like she's my mama.  I change into pajamas gettin ready for bed. My phone starts ringing and I answer.

"Aye Nijah I forgot to ask you how would you like it to come to the Fourth of the July concert bash?"

"Yes babe I would love that", I say in joy.

He laughs at me." Good I'll give you the tickets and a extra one for yo lil friend"

"Thanks I appreciate it, now go to bed Aug", I giggle.

"Aight babe good night hope to see you in my dreams"

"Yeah you too", I hang up the phone waking Lila up to tell her the news .

"What Nijah? ", she say sleepy and irked.

"August got us tickets to the Fourth of July concert bash"

"Really!", she in a squeaky tone.

"Yep"

"I swear you have the best boyfriend ever"

"I know", I say and twirling my hair thinking of how lucky I am. He's mine all mine.

.........

Since the concert is in two days I decide to go shopping with Lila for an outfit I can wear. I want to get sexy, but not too sexy. I want to look classy, yet sassy if you know what I mean. I walk around the mall not finding anything. When Lila find what she wants we go to the food court and I eat Panda Express, while Lila goes to Charlie's Philly Cheese steak grill and bar.