Chapter 18

Nijah

After everything that happened earlier today August and I was on our way to see his family. To be honest I'm shitting bricks right now and since it's my first time meeting them I try to dress as appropriately as I can. I'm wearing high waist jeans, a fringe crop top, and fringe sandals. This is the best outfit that didn't expose too much skin or give off that demeanor. When we finally arrived to August mother's house I was completely nervous that I already felt vomit  coming up my esophagus.

"August I'm very much nervous", I say while getting out of the car.

"Bae calm down they not gon eat you alive or anything, so chill out", he say cuffing my face and kissing my forehead.

"Yeah I hope so", I mumble while walking over to the door and just opened when someone peeped through the window seeing the both us coming.

"August , my baby home", A pretty elderly woman says opening the front door holding her arms wide open.

"Hey ma", he say hugging his mom while I stand and watch them embrace each other. When they were done hugging his mom looked right at me and smiled. " I see that you brought a girl too", she say holding her hand out .

"Hi I'm Nijah August's.... Uh girlfriend",  I say hesitating a bit.

"Oh my gosh my son has a girlfriend and a very pretty one too, and you just call me Ms.Shelia"

" Well nice to meet you Ms. Shelia ", I say then stepping into the house behind August and Ms.Shelia.  When I look into the living room I see lots of people possibly family and friends. They all stare at me probably wondering who I am, but thank god August said something.

"Y'all this Nijah ...my girlfriend ", he say standing behind me with his towering height.

"Well welcome", said a very pretty girl." I'm Chacha or you can say Chandra, but I'm August late brother baby mother"

I smile at her because of how welcoming his family is they're all laugh and smiles , which is something nice to know.

"Thank you Chacha", I say  very sweetly.

" And these are my daughters Chay,Maya, and Kay", she pointing to three beautiful little girls. I wave at them and everyone else waved as well. I met the rest of his family they were really nice and cool.

.......

About two hours later everyone was in the kitchen talking and laughing I warmed up pretty quick around August's family. They are hilarious and his mom so sweet,but when we were there she asked me about August and I relationship. I only told her how we met ,because  if she knew her son was dating a high school student who is now senior she would probably flip. Well I don't know I just do not want anybody else knowing about us besides August  and the only people I told. His mother actually pulled me to side to talk to me one on one.

"Well Nijah honey it's finally  breathtaking that August found a nice girl to be with instead of him being with all those groupies",she said with a smile." I just want you to make my son happy while he makes you happy and I can tell you're a genuine person just by looking at you, I can also tell you're still a virgin too which is good I'm so proud of him"

"Thank you Ms. Shelia honestly, at first I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck, but it turns out you all are just as loving and caring as August I really appreciate it"

"You're welcome anytime baby , just talk to me when you can",she say pulling me into a hug and me hugging back.

I continued conversation with his family for a while  after leaving from August mom's  house I told him to take me back to the house ,so that Sharlise aunt want get suspicious because I've been gone for some time now. When I  get the house I see that all the lights are off and that no ones home so I go upstairs and take a long relaxing nap so that I can get ready for my mid evening shift at the salon.

.......

I sit at the front desk writing receipts and making bookings in the book. Sharlise came in a two hours ahead me and scoffed at me, but I ignored it and continued to proceed on and work. I noticed she kept giving me dirty looks like I didn't see and then in came Amanda.

I see her in here all the time I wonder what's going on cause she always come in the salon talking about her fiance Mitchell which is actually really weird cause that's my dad name. I just gotta know cause it's eating at me. I look at her as Sharlise helps the woman and get her situated before she gets her nails done and it looks like they're having a good conversation too. I also notice that they keep looking at me too .

About a hour later she comes to the desk to turn in her receipt she smiles and call her little boyfriend or whoever he is . She sits down waiting on him to pick her up. When she finally gets up to leave and the man walk in too ,but unfortunately that man is my father.

"Daddy!", I yell.

He looks at me with disbelief and doesn't say anything." Oh my gosh Nijah "

I look at the woman and then realize this is the woman who destroyed our family I look at her with anger and hatred while she looks at me with fear and confusion. I jump over the counter so fast and snatch her up by her hair and just beat her. I punch repeatedly and kick her my dad pulls me away, but I go after her again and get in one more punch before daddy grabs me putting my arms behind my back.

"Let me go now !", I scream squirming around. I look at the lady Amanda and watch her bleed and cry. I finally calm down and my dad turns me around facing him looking at me furiously.

"Nijah you need to calm down right now",he say low and sternly.

"No I'm not I can't believe you cheated on mom with another woman we were happy and you cheated on her for years with this woman right here who obviously knows you're married with children," I shout getting a full audience.

"Nijah I'm sorry and you knew about the divorce, but you have to let go of it"

"You mean let go of the fact that you guys got a divorce yea, but that its basically the fact you've got a double life I'm assuming ", I say staring at him. He just sighs and everyone else in the salon looks around amused at what's going on. Sharlise stands there with her arms folded and Cathy just looks of shock.

My dad lets go of me and I cry. I cry and don't care who sees my dad tries to hug me ,but I push him away continuing to cry . I feel embarrassed and hurt, so I run out the door of the salon with my daddy right behind me. I'm so done I don't want to hear a word he has to say.

"Nijah please wait come to my house and lets talk about it "

"Wait now you have you a house down here are you kidding I'm not going home with you to the house you used to cheat on my mother in that's crazy"

"Nijah please stop mentioning that and come stay with me please we need to work this out"

I stand there quiet for a minute and just go with him anyway I really want to know what he has to say.

"Fine I'll come ", I say in defeat.