✰ 32 ✰

◆◇◈ 𝓐 𝓟𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓷 ◆◇◈

Jordan Parrish flipped his hands over, Derek inspecting them thoroughly. Brooke stood around with Scott and Lydia as the deputy sent them a nervous look. "He covered you in gasoline?" Derek checked. The police officer nodded.

That's right, gasoline. Parrish had just been tied to his police car and set on fire by his fellow deputy, Haigh, because his name is on the dead pool.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia questioned. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well, they should be gone." Derek confirmed the banshee'a suspicions.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Parrish stated.

"Not if you're like us." Scott commented.

"Like you?" the deputy repeated questioningly.

"I don't think he's like us." Derek replied.

"Then what is he?" Brooklyn asked. Her eyes peering up at the guy in question curiously.

"Sorry, but I have no idea." the Hale boy admitted.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott said.

"This is a little out of my experience." Derek responded. "There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?"

"I don't know where he is." the True Alpha confessed.

"Okay, hold on. What's a bestiary. Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?" Parrish inquired.

The group all glanced at each other with a hint of amusement. "Psychic?" Brooke repeated.

"Yeah." the deputy said.

Scott tilted his head, "Not exactly."

"Okay. Then what are you?" Parrish asked. His eyes flicking to each of them in turn.

The True Alpha looked to the rest of them, his chocolate eyes asking if he could tell the officer. They all nodded for him to go ahead. Closing his eyes, Scott turned towards Parrish and when he opened them, they were red.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

They'd sat the poor deputy down and were in the midst of explaining the supernatural to him. It was very clear by his facial expression that he wasn't understanding the information they sent his way. "What's a kanima?" Parrish questioned with his eyebrows drawn together. Brooke's face scrunched up. She'd come across a kanima before and she never wanted to come across one of those slimy, scaly demons again.

Having received a pointed look from Lydia, Scott sighed and sat down near to the police officer saying, "We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the dead pool."

"But I don't even know what I am." Parrish remarked, looking up at the True Alpha on the arm of the sofa.

"I'm pretty sure they don't care." Derek commented.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about." the deputy asked.

"We're starting to lose count." Brooklyn informed him, pursing her lips.

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott pondered.

"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish stated.