✰ 30 ✰

♡ 𝓘'𝓶 𝓪 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓿𝓲𝓿𝓸𝓻 ♡

Listening to the patter of Kira's feet as she paced the vault, Brooklyn lay in Scott's lap and she became more and more ill by the second. She had her eyes closed because the constant battle of keeping them open was draining the little energy she had left.

She heard Stiles speak up from the other side of the room as Scott began gently rubbing her arm, "You know, this is where it all started. That's where the money was." he said, probably pointing towards the safe. "137 million in bearer bonds." he continued.

"How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" Kira asked.

"The bank, I guess." Stiles replied. "They just let it sit here the whole time collecting dust. You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?"

"Why does it matter?" Kira asked. She'd probably sat down as Brooklyn could no longer hear her footsteps.

Stiles huffed, "You know how many problems that money could solve?"

"For you?" Kira questioned.

"Me. My dad... The Eichen House and MRI bills are crushing him."

Brooklyn didn't open her eyes but she told the boy, "You can have Peter's money." Stiles smiled slightly at her even though she couldn't see it.

"Mom does this thing," Scott spoke up, "she writes down all the items in our budget, and how much they cost, then she adds them all up and figures out how long we have until... We lose the house."

Brooke squeezed the boy's hand. She had no idea the trouble him and his mum were going through. She vouched from them on, that she'd help them in any way possible.

Scott and Stiles stood up to see if the Alpha could hear what was going on, leaving Brooklyn to lean on Kira for a while.

"Anything?"

"They're looking for us." Scott answered, "Someone's going to have to go out there.

"Brooklyn?" Kira whispered gently to the healer. Brooke stopped listening to the boys' conversation to squint her eyes open at the kitsune.

She snapped her eyes shut pretty quickly, though. Reacting harshly to the very little light in the room. This happened a couple more times before she was able to keep them open slightly.

"How are you doing?" Kira questioned her.

A sluggish smile adorned Brooke's face, "Absolutely awful, but what's new?" she replied.

The kitsune smiled a little at the girl. Happy to see that, despite being ill, the girl's personality was still intact.

Scott came back over to his girlfriend, giving Kira a thank you before gently placing Brooke back in his lap.

"Hey." he whispered to her, wiping the hair that was clinging to her forehead from her face. "Stiles has left to see what he can do, okay? Just, try not to fall asleep."

Brooke shifted in his lap, muttering an "Okay." back.
They were silent for a few seconds before the girl spoke up again. "Hey, Scott? Why do you think I'm worth so much? It's not exactly like I'm some overly powerful supernatural creature."