✰ 11 ✰

⇧ 𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐 𝓛𝓪𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻 ⇧

Brooklyn sat next to her father on the floor clutching one of his hands, to her chest, in both of hers as Cora held a water bottle to his lips.

After he saved Cora he'd fainted and they currently had him sitting against a wall whilst they woke him up. He slowly came to, and looked over at his sister, "You're okay." he breathed out happily.

Cora smiled brightly at him "I'm much better than you are right now. All because of you." He looked over at Brooke who gave him a soft smile and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, gently pulling her into his side.

"Hopefully not all for nothing." Peter spoke up maintaining his normal negative attitude. "The moon is rising, Derek. You drained your battery all the way to the red and there is a fully charged Alpha on her way to rip you limb from limb."

"I'll be fine in a few hours." Derek spoke, he looked really tired and like he was gonna pass out again which made Brooke concerned.

"I sincerely hope so, because a few hours is all that you have."

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

It had been a few hours and Brooklyn's dad definitely looked a lot better. Currently, Lydia and one of the Alpha twins, Ethan? Aiden? Brooke wasn't sure, were telling the Hales about Kali's plans.

"We know about the lunar eclipse," the twin spoke, "so don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field. She's coming. My brother's coming with her."

Peter nodded "Good enough for me. Derek?"

"You want me to run?" the younger Hale boy asked.

"No. I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an Alpha with a psychotic foot fetish." his uncle said sarcastically, "Of course I want you to run! Sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town."

"If you wanna fight and die for something, that's fine with me." Cora added, "But do it for something meaningful."

"How do you know I'm gonna lose?" Derek remarked.

"We don't." Peter replied looking at Lydia, "But I bet she has an idea. Don't you Lydia."

"I don't know anything." she answered a little frightened.

"But you feel something," Peter continued, "don't you?"

"What do you feel?" Brooke asked the strawberry blonde.

Looking down Lydia spoke, "I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard."

That was all it took for Derek to grab Brooklyn and Cora and get out of his loft. They piled into his car with Brooke in the back. "Don't call until you're at least 100 miles away." Peter told them. "Go!" he exclaimed and they sped away.

They didn't get very far before Derek swerved to the side of the road. He and Cora shared a look whilst Brooke sat there completely confused. "What the hell was that?" the older Hale girl asked. They must've heard something with their heightened senses.

"Lydia." Derek said in disbelief. He stared wide eyed and the two girls. "We have to go back."

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃