✰ 36 ✰

➁ 𝓞𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓣𝔀𝓸 𝓞𝓬𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 ➁

"All good?" Derek questioned as he sat back from fastening Liam's handcuffs to the rail. They were nearing Mexico now but night was beginning to fall which meant the anchor-less beta was due to loose control.

Sat on the bench opposite the three of them, Liam tugged his arms up with force and was unable to break off the cuffs. "Okay." he replied.

Sat to the left of her father, Brooklyn watched as he helped the new werewolf with being the thing he is. "I brought something to help you." Derek told Liam.

He brought out the Hale family's talisman. The little piece of stone with a carved triskele on it was meant to be powerful and help werewolves learn control. However, it didn't. And Brooke knew it was just a load of shambles.

"This had been in mine and Brooke's family for centuries." Derek continued, holding the stone between his two hands, "It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach betas how to control themselves on a full moon."

Derek passed it to Liam then looked at the two teenagers either side of him. Stiles clearly knew Derek was lying, it was written all over his face. Brooklyn laughed quietly to herself, Stiles' next words we're gonna be priceless. Brooke's father gave the Stilinski a pointed look, telling him to reassure Liam. "Yes, it's powerful." Stiles cleared his throat, "Very powerful." he said with a look that showed his distaste.

"You'll be fine, Liam. And if not, maybe you'll get rid of Stiles for us." Brooklyn joked. The Stilinski boy sent her an incredulous look while her father just chuckled. They remained in silence after that. The sky darkening as time went on. The full moon shone brightly in the navy sky meaning Liam would wolf out any second.

Which is exactly what happened. The beta claws suddenly flicked out while his grunts found their ears. Stiles shot up with crazed movements, the two Hales turning more calmly towards the new werewolf.

"Whatever you're gonna teach me..." Liam breathed out heavily and glanced up at the three with golden eyes, "I think you better start."

Derek immediately kicked into action. "Liam, you with me? We have a mantra that we use. You repeat it, you focus on the words. It's like meditating. You say the words until you feel control coming back to you."

"Okay. Okay, okay!" Liam shouted, "What are the words?"

"Okay, look at the triskelion. See the symbol?" Brooklyn told him, having seen her father do this a couple times as well as doing it twice herself, she knew what to do. "Each spiral means something."

"Alpha, Beta, Omega." Stiles filled in.

"It represents the idea that we can always rise to one and fall to another." Derek explained, his eyes moving back to Liam after staring proudly at his daughter. "Betas can become Alphas."

"Alphas can become betas." Stiles commented.

Sweat covered Liam's face as he panted out, "Can Alphas become Omegas?"

Brooklyn nodded. "All you have to do is say the three words. And with each one you tell yourself, you're getting calmer, more in control." she instructed.

"Go ahead." Derek commanded.

"Alpha, Beta..." Liam rushed.