✰ 27 ✰

❶❸❼ 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓪 𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓲𝓽 ❶❸❼

"Those chains are strong enough to hold him, right?" Brooke questioned her boyfriend as Liam roared at them.

"Uh. Yeah. I think. Definitely." Scott said unsurely, inspiring so much confidence in Brooklyn. Not. "He can't be that strong."

However, the Alpha was proven wrong when Liam, quite easily, broke free. The wolfed out beta ran towards them, the couple jumping aside causing the werewolf to smash through the window.

Brooke and Scott look through the shattered hole in the glass worriedly as Liam ran away into the trees.

They quickly ran after the out of control werewolf, Brooklyn ending up quite a bit behind them as she didn't have supernatural speed.

Her breathing grew heavy as she ran between trees, following the path of footprints the boys left in the muddy ground. When she caught up to Scott she saw that he was stood taking to another person. But that person wasn't Liam.

She walked towards them, once close enough she recognised who the person was. Chris Argent. The two boys turned at the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Argent, nice to see you." Brooke said, giving the man a warm smile.

"And you." the hunter said nodding at the girl.

"What's happening?" she asked, seeing as there was no deranged werewolf in sight.

"Well, there's a clearing just north of here." Argent started, "All you two have to do is corral him there. The rest is taken care of."

Scott nodded, "What are you going to do?"

"He's your beta, Scott." Chris told him, "The better question is, 'What are you going to do?'"

"He won't listen to me." Scott sighed.

"He will if you start using your own words." Argent replied. Making the two teens confused as to how he knew.

The three snapped their heads to the side as they heard a scream come from Liam a good distance away.

"Here." the hunter said, handing the True Alpha a remote of some sort. "Go."

The two teens took off again, now at a pace Brooke could keep up with. They ran into the clearing to see Liam in a square of four emitters.

They hastily came to a stop, Scott pressing a button on the device Argent gave him to stop the very annoying buzzing.

The alpha slowly walked towards his beta who was crouched on the floor, breathing heavily as he dropped his hands from his ears.

Liam looked up at Scott sadly, tears brimming his eyes as he asked, "What's happening to me?"

"The same thing that happened to me." the McCall boy told him.

Scott crouched down in front of him, Brooke coming to stand a little behind as the freshman panicked.

"They can't know about this." Liam stated, "My mom, my stepdad, I can't do this to them again."

"What do you mean again?" Brooke inquired gently.

Liam stared at the ground as he confessed, his voice a little strained, "I got kicked out of school and I deserved it. The way they looked at me when they saw what I did to that car..."

Tears fell from his eyes as he broke off. "Liam, it's okay." Scott consoled him.

"They can't see me like this." the beta cried, "Like..."His sobs filled the quiet air.