EIGHT || FAKE

"Charmed, I'm sure," Riddle said, seeming to forget everything that happened in potions earlier today. He smiled at me. If I didn't know any better, I'd swoon. He was up to something.

I followed him to the seventh floor - it was where we would be patrolling from then on.

We walked past the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy and continued down the corridor. Fighting myself in my head on whether or not I should bolt, Riddle and I stayed silent.

Then, I saw it.

A glimpse of platinum blonde. Platinum blonde! It was Malfoy!

"Excuse me Riddle. I'll be back shortly." I mustered as politely as I could. He simply kept walking in the same direction, not even acknowledging me. It was like he was Bipolar or something.

Prick.

I started walking towards the last place I saw Malfoy. He had some explaining to do.

The moment I got out of Riddle's eye-sight, I sprinted towards the spot... He was gone. There was just a dead end. How?

"Watson, how do you think he disappeared?" I asked the non-existing detective next to me.

"I have no idea, Holmes. Perhaps a hidden room? That would be absurd though." I whipped around. There wasn't supposed to be an answer. I frantically looked in every possible direction.

There was no one.

Of course. Of course there wasn't a single fucking person. I was going crazy, that was the only possible explanation. I was going psychotic and I was going to be checked into a mental facility and -

Something suddenly clicked.

"Homenum Revelio," I said.

A weight fell over the whole room. There was someone else there! Gripping my wand tightly, I went back to the dead end. Only, it wasn't a dead end anymore.

There was a door.

It was so blended with the wall that I could barely see it if it wasn't partly open. I lunged for the handle and pulled open the door. Everything was dark. Pitch black, in fact.

"Lumos."

The spell barely did anything.

The room was enormous. I could see some green on the walls, and the ground I was walking on was black marble. It was also cold. So cold.

"So you were following me." I heard from behind me. I whipped around. Once again, there was no one.

"Finite incantatem." I said.

Nothing.

It wasn't a disillusionment charm. So I was going insane. Great. Suddenly, a cloak of some kind fell to the ground, revealing...