NINE || SNAKE

Malfoy.

I knew it.

"What are you doing here, Malfoy? - And where in the world did you get such a powerful invisibility cloak?"

"Well, I think the real question is what are you doing here. This is a private room, and we don't take well to intruders." As he said that, the rest of Riddle's followers came from every side, surrounding us.

Shit.

"You think your little band of - followers - scare me? Think again, Malfoy."

"Tsk. If you're not scared, Granger, then you're extremely foolish."

"Maybe I am. I guess it's good that I wasn't put in Ravenclaw, then. I know that you certainly don't belong there."

I heard snickers coming from a few of the "Knights".

Malfoy suddenly pulled out his wand. "Stup -"

"- Protego!" I interrupted. So he wanted to duel? Defence Against the Dark Arts was the only class I got an Outstanding in. He didn't know who he was up against.

"You don't want to do this, Malfoy. Let me go peacefully, and I won't tell anyone about tonight."

"You won't be telling anyone whether or not I let you go. Although, it's not me personally who arranged our little meeting."

I heard the door opening. In the back of my head, I knew who it was. I could hope, though... right?

Malfoy attacked again.

"Petrificus Totalus!" He shouted, pointing his wand towards me.

"Protego duo, Impedimenta!" I answered.

"Protego."

Looking malicious, Malfoy cast one final curse.

"Serpensortia."

Suddenly, there was a snake on the ground. I was deathly afraid of snakes. Squealing, I turned around to run from it. Avery and Rosier were blocking me. Great.

I slowly turned around and faced the snake.

Where was a teacher when you needed one.

"Vipera Evanesca." Said a voice from behind me. Without turning around, I automatically knew who it was. How the bloody hell did I get myself into this situation?

"Riddle." I said without turning around - pretending to examine my wand.

"Who else? You don't seem surprised."

"Why would I be?" I said, choosing not to mention what happened last year.

"Leave." He stated, addressing the Knights of Walpurgis.

Every single one of them bowed and went to leave. I decided to test my luck and attempt to get the hell out of there with them.

I felt a hand tightly grasp my elbow.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Riddle said warningly.

I pulled back my arm and huffed. By now, most of Riddle's followers had cleared out, leaving Malfoy, Riddle himself, and me.

Malfoy started. "What should I do, my lord -"

"Oh stop it with the 'my lord' and shit. Don't be such a suck up - it's getting old." I interrupted.

Malfoy glared at me, clearly wanting to rip my tongue out.

"Leave, Malfoy. I will not repeat it again." Riddle told Malfoy, somehow remaining calm. Malfoy finally gave another bow and hastily left, closing the door behind him.