TWO || SNOW

I was stuck with that son of a bitch - that arrogant bastard, for the rest of the year.

Sure, he was the smartest person in our year and ridiculously good-looking, with high cheekbones, dark eyes, and a tall frame, and yes, I had crushed on him like every other girl in Hogwarts for years, but that still didn't forgive him for what happened last year.

// FLASHBACK //

It was the weekend and I was in Hogsmeade. Penny was walking beside me and mindlessly chattering about boys and her latest crush. I, like usual, was thinking about Purebloods, Halfbloods, Muggleborns, and wizarding supremacy and racism.

Penny, being pureblood, didn't have to worry about many of these things, but I was muggleborn.

I was actually the only muggle-born prefect in the entire school, and that was concerning.

For the first time ever, I was bored of Penny and her dumb crushes. Looking around me, I suddenly saw a Slytherin glancing around suspiciously at the entrance of an alley. Thinking I might as well pull off a Sherlock Holmes, I interrupted Penny.

"Penny."

"-and oh my gawd have you seen his eyes? They're truly another level of gorgeous-"

"Penny!"

"- I just want to get lost in them, you know what I mean? I wish he would date me... I'm sure I've asked him to at least four times, but his rejections motivate me more every time and-"

"Penny!"

"Huh, did you say something?"

I looked down and pinched the bridge of my nose. "No, you're right, I was talking to the wall," I answered sarcastically.

She still looked confused.

Wondering how she could possibly be my best friend, I glared at her playfully.

"I'm gonna go to the loo. Don't wait up!"

"Sure, hurry up though." I started going towards the Three Broomsticks, and she went the opposite direction towards a group of her other friends.

When I knew she couldn't see me anymore, I quickly changed my direction to where I last saw the Slytherin boy, who had apparently disappeared. To authenticize the Holmes experience, I started talking aloud to myself.

"So, Evelyn, where could he be? ...Ooh, a foot-print!"

I went into the alley, trailing my numb hands on the cobblestone wall.

It was winter, and almost everything was covered in snow, and the wall was damp and freezing to the touch. I finally saw the boy again. It was Abraxas Malfoy, looming over a body lying in the snow.

'- And the plot thickens...' I thought.