二十三

━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Kuge-san!"

"Kuge-senpai!"

"Kuge, please notice me!"

A bunch of teenage girls squealed as the second-year badminton player, Kuge Yuzuki walked down the hallway. Ever since the news that he broke up with Takebe Megumi was spread and is now available in the market, girls were now clinging to him left and right, hoping he would make one of them his.

However, all he wanted right now was food in his system.

"Uh... girls. It's time for recess and I really want to get the curry bread before it runs out. Let's t—"

"Curry bread? The one from the bakery in front of school?!" One girl asked in an excited manner. Kuge Yuzuki nodded his head happily, "yeah, the one with cheese on top!"

"Here! You can have mine!" With no hesitation, she dug into her canvas bag and took out the pastry.

His eyes widened as he immediately refused. "I can't take that! That's your lunch, isn't it? If I hurry, I can snatch one."

The girl shook her head, the bread still close to his reach. "I bought two. The other one is for my friend but she has dance practice at the moment. So I rather you have it than me eating another serving!" She giggled, smiling shyly.

Kuge's cheeks flushed baby pink before he recomposes himself. "Alright then, wait let me just get my wallet—"

"It's alright! It's my treat!" She beamed, placing the bread into his free palm.

"Are you sure? I can pay for it..."

"You can pay me in another way!"

"Which is?" He had a feeling, she was going to ask him for a date or something which he would have a tough time accepting. He was still a bit down from his last relationship.

"Please, smile a little more! If you do, I'll buy more curry bread for you!"

"T-that's all?" He was taken aback.

She hummed in response, "Deal?"

"Deal. But what's your name?" He asked as he finally grasped the food item.

"Kugisaki Bebe, first-year." She shook his hand, the deal now in set.

"Thank you, Kugisaki."

"You're welcome Kuge-san."

"Wow, someone is famous now." A voice from behind whistled. The group of girls that were still circling around Kuge turned around and squealed loudly, immediately rushing towards the tall boy. All except Bebe.

"What bandwagon fans." She sighed inwardly, not surprised.

"Kuroo-san? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask myself the same thing, Kuge! We had lunch earlier and I needed to go to the toilet. Kenma tagged along and by the time I got out, he was gone! It doesn't help when this school is as big as a shopping mall." He looked around, already dizzy.

"We can show you the way!" One girl chanted loudly.

"No! I can! I'm the class rep!"

"No! It's the honour student's job to show the school around!"

Kuge Yuzuki sighed loudly. "I'll talk to you later?"

Bebe's cheeks flushed pink before nodding her head, understanding the situation. "I'll see you around, Kuge-san!" With that, she left but not without light steps in her gait, clearly happy.