━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kenma felt his heart beat faster as the presence inch closer to him. He hesitantly turned around hoping to find a stray cat just wondering around but he was met with something way terrifying.

"Oh, what do we have here." The presence Kenma felt spoke, his dark voice sending shivers down to his spine. The man walked closer to Kenma, noticing what was in the boy's hands.

The latest iPhone model.

Kenma just stood there frozen, not knowing what to do or say. But he knew the longer he did nothing, the higher his life was being risked.

"Nice phone you got there. May I take a look?" The man grinned evilly, taking a step closer.

"S-stay away." Kenma demanded but it turned into a stutter.

"Hmm, what is it, boy? Speak up louder." The man responded, with a glint of amusement in his eyes. He knew he found jackpot when this clueless boy entered his turf. He chuckled as he walked even closer to the powerless boy. Kenma was shaking in fear, taking a step backwards every time the man did so forwards.

"I won't do you any harm, just hand over the phone and all your money." He instructed, showing his right palm for Kenma to place his things on.

"STAY AWAY!" Kenma yelled, showing his fist towards the stranger. He barely knew any self-defence and the only thing he could count on is his legs. All that strenuous training on his legs was something he never knew could be useful in this situation. The middle-aged man becomes agitated towards the threat Kenma directed at him.

"I was trying to be civil here. But if you want to be so difficult... Then you leave me no choice." He fished on something from his pocket. Something that made Kenma's face turned instantly pale.

Paler than the white chocolate bar in Kenma's plastic bag.

"Now hand it over before someone's blood is going to spilt."

Kenma knew it was a lie. There was no way he was going to come out from this alive, not when the man had a knife on him. He glance towards the back for a split second, trying to find options for his escape.

It was now or never for Kenma. Either he ran away as his life depended on it or get killed in this alleyway to never be found. As soon as the man sped up towards him, that's when Kenma threw the plastic bag filled with his food into the man before running away. He ran straight ahead in the alleyway, trying to find the main road. He thanked himself that he could slightly see in the dark from all those countless nights, playing in the dark to avoid getting scolded from his parents for staying up.

But the further he ran, the more he started to panic. He wondered if he could actually find a way back out. After what felt like a marathon, he took a breath in relief, noticing a clear exit. He sped up, leaving the man chasing him further away.

But he then something registered in his head.

Why is the man not running towards him with all his power? It seemed like he was just running casually, not a sense of exigency to his steps. Kenma didn't think too much anymore, knowing that the exit was only metres away.

Just as when Kenma thought he was finally safe, a group of people appeared right in front of his eyes.
One of them did not hesitate to punch him right in the jaw, causing the boy to fall on his back harshly.

'I knew it was too good to be true...'

Kenma thought to himself as he knew his life was finally over.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡ ━━