━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Man, I can't believe Kuroo didn't show up to school today. That guy never skips a day!" The libero was baffled when the seat beside him was empty. Yaku felt lonely for the first time in life despite having arguments with the team captain most of the time.

Funny enough, Kai was only the next seat away.

"I'm sure it must have been very important. Come on, let's go for practice." Kai urged, already walking out of the door.

"Where's Kuroo-san?" Yamamoto asked as soon as the third years entered the gymnasium. Everyone else looked and noticed that the team captain was in fact missing.

"Where's Kenma?" Kai answered the question with a question, realising their setter was nowhere to be found.

"We don't know. He didn't show up for school today." Fukunaga answered quietly.

"What?! Kuroo also didn't show up," Kai exclaimed. The first years were also surprised. How could the best friend duo not show up for school? Even though Kenma wasn't all that interested in studies, he still made an effort to at least go to school. Kuroo, on the other hand, was very into studying. Especially that subject called Science.

This made the team very worried.

"ICHIKO-CHAN GOT SICK?! OH NO, WE NEED TO VISIT HER!" A blue-haired male yelled, causing everyone in the gym to glare at him. They were busy training and his obnoxious voice made them missed their shots, the shuttles dropping into the court.

"Oi, Takumi! Stop yelling you blueberry idiot!" A boy snapped, sending him a menacing glare.

"But how could I not?! Our dear Ichiko-chan is sick! What if she can't play for the playoffs?! What if I have to play the mixed duo all by myself?!" The blueberry idiot gasped, his hands covering his mouth.

"You shouldn't panic too much, Iwaza-san. You're the team captain, after all." A first-year urged, patting the shorter male gently.

"That's the point, Shiro-chan! I'm the team captain! Of course, I'm going to panic! We don't have our ace with us!" He fretted, grabbing the raven-haired boy's shoulders.

"What if...we don't make it to Nationals?!" Takumi was now shaking his shoulders back and forth violently.

"You're going to break him, idiot!" Someone whacked him by the head, causing the third-year to yelp in pain as he clutched into his head. The first-year, Fumikage Shiro had to lay on the floor due to the whiplash.

"Rin-chan! Why did you have to do that?! It hurts." He whined.

"So you'll stop being a worry rat!" She hissed, before crossing her arms by her chest. A soft sigh escaped her lips.

"She'll be fine. This is our ace we're talking about." Their vice-captain, Natsume Rin reassured him before slapping his back harshly.

"What's that for?!"

"It's how I show affection."

"Alright, get back to training! We're only a month away from the playoffs! No slacking or you guys are getting practices even on weekends!" Their coach demanded, causing everyone to tremble in fear slightly.