十九

━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"We'll be having practice matches with the other schools in Tokyo starting this Friday. Our first match will be against Itachiyama." Coach Nekomata announced as the team sat on the floor in front of him.

"It'll be held on their grounds so make sure to give it your all!" Coach Manabu added.

"Yes, sirs!"

"Do you think we'll be able to beat them?" Lev asked as the regular team walked together to their usual hangout spot.

"Have some faith, Lev! We won't know until we try," Kuroo exclaimed, slapping the half Russian's back. The later just yelped in pain, pouting his lips.

"You guys heard of the new instant noodle flavours?! My classmate told me it's really good!" Inuoka asked, gaining the team's attention.

"Really? Let's go try it then!" Lev chirped, already eager to slurp some.

"I don't know if I should eat some. I've been eating those for two weeks straight now. I'll go bald at this rate!" Yamamoto deadpanned, stroking his blonde mohawk.

"But there's not much hair, to begin with," Kenma tersely answered, looking at him.

"Urgh, since when do you care? And why aren't you playing your Switch? You would always be clicking the buttons on it like crazy." He quizzed realising the pudding haired boy hands were in his pockets, staring ahead.

"I just don't feel like it." He mumbled before walking ahead of everyone else.

"Don't mind him, now come on! Let's get going!" Kuroo interjected, trying to change the subject.

"Hey, are you okay? You have been spacing out lately..." He patted the pudding-haired boy's head as the team all walked towards their using eating spot after school — 7/11.

"H-huh? Oh... yeah... I'm fine, Kuroo." Kenma mumbled as he looked down. The team captain knew he wasn't fine but decided not to push it.

"Hey, is that place new? Looks really nice!" Lev chirped, pointing at the spacious cafe just across the street.

"Seems so, I remember it was vacant the whole time..." Yaku confirmed.

"Holy shit! So that's the place they were talking about..." Yamamoto mumbled, eyes widening.

"What do you mean, Yamamoto-san?" Lev quizzed.

"That café is owned by Odagiri Himeko's mother! She's one of Itachiyama's badminton players. Their team now hangs out there." He explained, recalling the number of food pictures and selfies Yamabe Narumi posted on her Instagram. Yamamoto always made it a habit to like all her photos, even commenting on them. Though, he wasn't sure she would notice it under all the other comments pilling on each other. The second-year maybe a reserve player but she's still quite popular among the boys. She just somewhat fills the role of the team's manager along with Yoshizaki Ginrou.

"Let's eat there."

"Really? I thought you never liked dining in at cafés? More so a crowded one." Kuroo coaxed, a perplexed look on his face.

Kenma asking to eat somewhere so outgoing and social was a big shock for his childhood friend, Kuroo Tetsurōu.

"Yeah... let's go right now." Kenma already crossing the road. Everyone looked at each other confused before shrugging their shoulders. They thought it's good for a change. Eating convenient store food all the time isn't the best anyways. It's nice to spend some money on good food once in a while.