十六

━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Kenma, you still haven't told us. Why were you talking to the girl," He paused for a second before restating his question, "Well, I meant Kawanishi-san."

"I thought she felt familiar..." He softly answered.

"Well, you were right! It was Kawanishi Atsuko!" Yaku chortled.

"Y-yeah..." He muttered, looking down. Kuroo who been observing his friend, only furrowed his brows slightly before chirping, "Let's go to practice! We are now 30 minutes late!"

"Do you think Coach will kill us?"

"Only one way to find out, Yakkun."

"Where did you even drop your belongings?" Makane quizzed, noticing Atsuko's black backpack was nowhere near the strawberry-haired girl.

"I left it at Himeko-san's mom's cafe. It's close to Nekoma's..."

"Oh, let's go try out her mom's cooking and of course Himeko-san's baking! Yuzuki-kun, you should come with!" Makane suggested, her eyes already brimming with excitement.

"I guess, why not. I don't have anything better to do." He shrugged, crossing his arms behind his head as the three of them walked together.

Makane bumped into someone and immediately apologised.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" She repeatedly bowed, a penitent expression on her face.

"Oh, it's alright! My friend here was distracting me and I wasn't watching where I was going." His smooth and gentle voice reassured her as his blue-greyish glance at her up and down. Makane's cheeks blushed pale pink, not expecting to bump into such an attractive young boy.

Before she could even respond, the boy's friend stood in front of her, asking her a question in such a loud obnoxious tone.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Do you know who am I?!" He leaned close towards Makane, his owl-like eyes staring into her ginger ones with such scrutiny.

"Bokuto-san, not everyone will know you!" He berated, not wanting him to ruin his chance on getting to know this girl better. He disliked it when Bokuto would randomly force himself whenever he was talking to a girl.

And now he hates it when it's such a cute girl like Komori Makane.

"Huh? Oh... Yeah, I know you!" She took a closer look at the owl-haired male before exclaiming loudly.

"Y-you do?" The previous boy now stammered.

"Yeah! You're Bokuto Kōtarō! Team captain and ace of Fukuroudani's boy's volleyball club and is one of the top 5 spikers in the country!" She chirped, waving her arms all about.

"AKAASHI! SHE KNOWS ME!" Bokuto screamed, now running around the sidewalk as he yelled at Atsuko and Yuzuki — both now slightly intimidated. The former held her fists up, ready to square up.

"D-do you know me?" The black-haired male mumbled nervously, twiddling with his thumbs as he cautiously looked at the ginger-haired female.

"You're Akaashi Keiji, vice-captain and setter for the team! Also the cutest, in my humble opinion, of course!" She winked, shooting a finger gun at him playfully. He only blushed, his cheeks now bright pink.

"How do you know all of these people, Kane? The only volleyball player I know is well..." She paused to lift her hand up, putting a finger down as she listed out, "Your brother, your cousin, my cousin and yeah..."