━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"K-kawanishi A-atsuko?! Y-you met her?!" Yamamoto gasped loudly, standing up from his seat. Everyone looked at him confused, wondering what's the big deal.

"We're talking about the same girl, right?" Kuroo asked. Who knows, maybe there was more than one Kawanishi Atsuko. Japan is a big country after all.

"You met the badminton player right?! The one with the strawberry hair?!"

"Yeap, that's the girl. She was getting chased by her fanboys so we hid her behind our backs. It was pretty wild." Kuroo chuckled recalling the event.

"Oh my god." The second-year mumbled to himself before settling back into his chair.

"How do you know her?"

If the team didn't know who she was, how come Yamamoto did?

"My seatmate, Fushimi Reito is in the Badminton Club. He always shows me all these cute badminton players from other schools. Kawanishi Atsuko is one of them."

"Is she even any good?" Lev asked, blunt as usual.

"Does top 3 female badminton players in the country, sounds good to you?!"* He retorted to which everyone gasps loudly, eyes widening at the fact.

"Woah, really?!" Inuoka exclaimed, some of his rice stuck on the sides of his mouth and chin. The ace only nodded his head. Kenma usually wasn't impressed with this kind of things but the thought of meeting someone famous made him slightly giddy. Kuroo could only smirk, already witnessing the strawberry-haired girl face to face.

"What school is she from? Fukuroudani? Nohebi?" Kai coaxed.

"She's from Itachiyama," Kuroo answered, recalling the green blazer and skirt she wore alongside with a banana coloured shirt and a navy blue tie.

"Man, that's the same school Sakusa-san is from..." Shibayama muttered.

"How does the team rank in the city?" The libero asked.

"Number 1 in Tokyo." The ace stated. Everyone groaned loudly, already expecting the answer but they could not stop themselves from being more impressed.

"As expected from Itachiyama..." Kai mumbled. Who would have known that they would excel not just in volleyball but also badminton?

"Well, what's our badminton team's rank then, Yamamoto-san?" Teshiro quizzed. Nekoma's volleyball team position is pretty good — top 3 in Tokyo. They were just below Fukuroudani with Itachiyama taking the number one spot. Surely it didn't stray too far for their badminton counterpart.

"I'm not sure...I think it's top 10? We're just in the middle." He responded, recalling what his seat-mate told him a few months back before their Interhigh started. But he didn't know how well they did after the event.

It had changed drastically.

In the end, Yamamato brought Fushimi to their table to which he was confused but nonetheless flattered. The team ended up asking various questions about the girl or just badminton in general.

They were impressed upon learning that Itachiyama's badminton team has managed to enter Top 8 last year in Spring High Nationals. Fushimi was prepared to answer their questions, no matter how silly or serious it was. He also waited for that one specific question to pop out. Fushimi knew someone was bound to ask but the only problem is that whoever did so was from the person he least expected it.