二十二

━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Man, this is the first time we'll be going to Itachiyama! I'm so freaking nervous!" Yamamoto fretted as he messed up his hair. Lev helped him made it worse.

"Calm down, Yamamoto. This is only a practice match. You won't die." Kuroo gave a firm pat on his back.

A really firm one.

"Are you guys ready? The bus is here!" Their vice-captain, Kai hollered. Everyone yelled in unison as they fumbled with their sports bag. They all made sure to don their iconic red jacket as well.

Except for Kenma.

He misplaced his jacket, somewhere, somehow.

"Oi, Toya! Why didn't you tell me you had a practice match today! I would have cancelled dance practice during PE!" Makane pouted, displeased with her twin sibling.

"That's the point. You have a dance competition in two weeks, don't you? You can't cancel them! You're the president!" Komori Motoya argued, flicking her forehead lightly.

"But... still!" She trailed off, knowing he was right.

"You don't have to come to all my matches, okay? Just attend the official ones!" He grinned before ruffling up Makane's hair.

"This doesn't give you the right to mess up my hair, Toya."

"I know."

"Where are you going, Kane?" Atsuko asked as she grabbed her sports bag. They just finished Math class and was about to head to the gym for PE.

"I have dance practice, remember? I decided to use this time to polish the final part of our routine."

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot about your competition..." Atsuko mumbled, feeling bad. Makane just laughed before flicking her forehead (both twins have the habit of doing this). "Hey, chill. I know you're stressing out over finals, aren't you?"

"I am! I don't even know which school we're fighting against!"

Makane furrowed her brows, confused. "Isn't it Fukuroudani? You guys have been fighting against one another for three years now. Soon it'll be four."

Atsuko slowly nodded her head, "Yeah..."

She then stared outside the opened window in their classroom, the breeze slowly blowing her hair. She then whispered, "But I have a feeling it'll be different this year."

"Where did your jacket go? It isn't you to misplace it." Kuroo quizzed, scrutinising the black hoodie the setter was wearing instead.

"I don't know. I asked my mom and she doesn't know either. She said she washed it before she left for her business trip with dad..."

"Did you wear it outside?"

"No, I didn't. I didn't even leave the house for a week after they left remember?!" Kenma deadpanned, recalling the accident.

"Ah, right! My bad, Kenma..."

"It has to be in the house somewhere since I didn't bring it for after school practice as well," He continued, placing his thumb and index finger on his chin.

Before Kuroo could respond, Kenma gasped softly, thinking of a possibility. "That would be crazy..."

"What is?" The team captain was confused.