二十四

━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Sakusa, what took you so long? You're late by two minutes." Iizuna grumbled as he saw the black-haired boy approaching the table.

"I bumped into Ka—" Before he had the chance to finish his sentence or fix it, a strawberry-haired girl popped out from behind, waving at the school's volleyball team.

"Hey, guys! Kiyo-kun said you guys wouldn't mind if I joined. Is that okay?"

Silence undulated between the players, as no one said a word. Kawanishi could only blink repeatedly while Sakusa was giving them the eye.

"S-sure... you can join us, Kawanishi-san." The captain finally spoke after what felt like an eternity. Most of the players were focusing on the fact she called Sakusa by a different name. The latter noticed this and only smirked underneath his face mask.

"Atsuko, let's go line up. I have to treat you remember?"

"Ah, yes! Chicken curry katsu here I come!" She gleefully tagged behind the spiker as they move towards the line.

"Kiyo-kun? Atsuko? What on earth happened when he left to wash his hands?" Iizuna just mumbled to himself, wondering how this happened. The other teammates were shocked but not as surprised as their captain. After all, the captain has a crush on the second-year just like hundreds of others in the academy.

"Wow, looks like my cousin is progressing more than you huh, Iizuna-san." Motoya laughed loudly as he gave a gentle pat on the back.

"Not fair! I want her to call me by my first name too, less a nickname!" He whined, his head on top of the table. Everyone sighed, already used to the captain's whiny moments.

"Well, all you have to do is talk to her. Once she feels comfortable enough, she'll address you by your first name." Motoya shrugged as he opened his bento box.

"Wow, the food here is excellent. As expected of Itachiyama." Kai genuinely complimented, who have enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs set lunch.

"No joke, I ordered two plates of fried rice!" Lev added who was now munching on his third plate.

"Speaking of which, what's taking Kuroo and Kenma so long?" Yaku looked around, trying to spot the best friend duo in the large cafeteria.

"Maybe they got lost?" Shibayama answered, not surprised.

"Yeah, probably. Bet Kenma is looking for Kuroo like a lost kitty. That would be so fun—HOLY SHIT!" Yamamoto blurred out before planting his head into the table, hiding. It was now officially lunchtime for the students, which resulted in a swarm of bodies into the cafeteria.

"Oi, what's wrong?" Yaku poked his head as he looked around.

"Shut up, Yaku-san! Don't attract attention. Someone is here." He hissed, cheeks flushed red.

"Who is? This is a cafeteria. Its suppose to have people in it." He retorted.

"My crush! My beautiful and cute crush is here! I can't believe I get to see her in real life!"

"You won't be able to see her properly if you keep hiding like that, Yamamoto-san." Lev bluntly responded, still scoffing down his fried rice.

Yamamoto wanted to refute but knew the half-Russian was right. He slowly lifted his head, gazing at the mahogany-haired girl who was a table away from his, chatting among her friends. The girl he's been crushing on is none other than Yamabe Narumi, second-year in Itachiyama Academy, and is the badminton club's substitute player and temporary manager.