━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next morning, Kenma woke up to the sound of someone knocking loudly on the front door. Kenma groaned, annoyed. He lifted his upper body up from the couch before feeling intense pain throughout the body.

"Fuck." He cursed, feeling the sharp pain on his right leg. He then remembered something important, his heart racing.

'Is she still here?' Kenma hastily looked around, searching for the girl throughout the perimeter. But much to his disappointment, she was already gone.

"Oi Kenma! Open the door! Why aren't you outside yet?!" He heard the all too familiar voice yelled behind the door.

What would he think once he saw the state Kenma was in? He didn't even want to think about it so he just kept quiet, not making a sound.

'Maybe I should skip school for a few days until the bruises fade away.' Kenma thought as he hid underneath the blanket.

The knocking stopped and he immediately sighed in relief, thinking Kuroo had already left for school.

However, he forgot that Kuroo knew where the spare keys were hidden.

"Where were you?!" A female voice yelled as soon as a person entered through the front door, her head hung low.

"You were gone for 7 hours! You told me you were going for an evening walk but you came back early in the morning?!" She continued to fume, a huge scowl on her face. The latter only closed the door before gazing into the former's face.

"OH MY GOD, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?!" The girl only kept quiet as she plopped herself into the couch. Someone rushed down the stairs, upon hearing the woman's voice echoing loudly throughout the house.

"She's back? Oh my, what happened?" A man softly gasps, not expecting his daughter to come back with a bruised cheek and a busted lip.

"I saw someone got mugged." She stated a blank look on her face. She was still mad at herself for not saving him earlier. Her parents could only stare at her in disbelief, their eyes widening.

"I step into a fight with a bunch of boys beating up each other at the park. I got a cut on my forehead so I went to the convenient store to get bandaids." She explained, sweeping her bangs out of her forehead to show them.

"I heard screaming near the back alley. I couldn't just ignore it so I ran towards the source to find a group of men beating up a boy. He was around my age, maybe... It was dark and I really couldn't see."

"They were going to choke him to death. If I was even a second late..."

'He would have been dead.'

"Sweetheart..." Her mom started, approaching her daughter slowly.

"It's alright..." Her mother took a seat beside her. "You were there to save him. Don't blame yourself." She gently caressed her good cheek, tucking her loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"In times like this that my training pays off, doesn't it, Atsu?" The brown-haired male chirped, trying to lighten the mood. His daughter still had a sad look on her face before she nodded her head, a small smile on her lips.

"You won't be going to school, Atsu. I'll call telling them you're sick." Her dad continued, a sigh escaping his lips.

"But I have badminton practice today." She reminded him, swinging her right arm only to hissed in pain.