━━ ♡ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Oi, Kenma! Hurry up!" A deep and smooth voice called him out, as he stood nearby waiting for the named person to come.

"Coming." The called male answered softly, walking with no urgency whatsoever.

"We could have missed the train!" The former scowled at his friend's behaviour.

"There were 10 seconds left before the doors would close."

"And how would you know that?" He cocked an eyebrow at his younger friend.

"I timed it to how long I usually play one round on my PSP." He shrugged his shoulder, finding a seat on the train. The former just sighed before taking a seat beside him.

"Is your parents at home?" Kenma's friend, Kuroo quizzed as he shifted in his seat, trying to get comfortable. It doesn't help that the train's infrastructure does not accommodate people with long limbs.

Imagine how Haiba Lev would have felt.

"No. They're outstation for a few days." He answered as he took out the gaming device from his pocket, turning it on.

"Will you be okay?" Kuroo is sometimes worried for his friend as the only thing in his mind was only games and maybe volleyball, only when they play the sport, however.

"I'm sure I'll be fine." He simply answered, paying no mind to his surroundings.

"If you ever get lonely, you know where to find me." Kuroo grinned at his friend, laying against the wall outside his house.

"I have this new game to play. I won't need your company." Kenma responded, ready to walk away from his house to enter his own.

"Right. Why did I even bother to ask." Kuroo mumbled before entering his house, stomping his feet slightly.

As soon as the blonde-haired male entered his own house, he hurried into his room to take a hot shower. As he said to the team captain of the volleyball team, he had this new game waiting to be played. He plopped the disk inside his PlayStation, excited to start.

Few hours have passed and it was already 11 p.m. The only reason Kenma stopped playing was that his stomach kept growling the past ten minutes. He had yet to eat something ever since lunch at school.

He rushed down to the refrigerator only to find absolutely nothing. A loud sigh escaped his lips, knowing full well this would occur. His mom wasn't the type to leave leftovers before her trips. His parents rather leave some money on the table for him to buy whatever. Grabbing the money on the counter, he quickly left to the nearest convenient store.

By the time he reached there, it was already 11.20 p.m. He entered the store, walking straight into the instant noodle aisle. He grabbed his favourite one, alongside a carton of milk tea and a bar of chocolate. Paying the cashier the required money, he left to rush back home.

It was only a ten-minute walk from his house, 5 if he decided to run all the way back. He walked slowly, realising his phone had notified him of an update of a game he played. He got distracted, repeatedly pressing on his screen, the bag of food on his right wrist swaying side to side. Kenma was on his own world, not even glancing forward to look where he was going.

By the time he finished checking the update out, he realised he had walked the wrong way, finding himself in a dark alleyway. He thought this was fine, as the worst thing he ever found himself in was a stranger's house.

The stranger didn't find it fine, however.

He cursed to himself, trying to find the way back out. It would have been easy if the dark alleyway was in fact not dark. The streetlights were completely broken and no signs of people coming from the abandoned lots. Kenma contemplated if he should call Kuroo to help him but he figured that the black-haired male was already fast asleep.

Then again, this was Kuroo Tetsurou we were talking about. He would jump into a pit of fire if Kenma asked him to. He decided to ring him anyways knowing that his friend would pick it up either way.

But before he could press dial on his phone, he felt a presence nearby.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡ ━━