CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT; dance lessons

~Y/N's POV~

All Gryffindors from years 4-7 were asked to meet Professor McGonagall in the empty classroom on the east of the fourth floor.

When all the students arrived she split us into boys and girls on each side of the room. The twins, Lee, Lewis and I were all having a silent conversation by mouthing and acting out words from our sides of the class.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception." Professor McGonagall explained. "On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity.

"As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because, the Yule Ball is first and foremost...a dance."

Most of the girls squealed or began to whisper among one another while the boys groaned and complained.

"What if Ron asks me?" Hermione asked me sounding rather excited.

I didn't have the heart to remind her how daft Ronald Bilius Weasley is. Instead I glanced over at Fred who winked at me.

"Silence!" McGonagall ordered and all students obliged. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

George leaned over to Fred and whispered in his ear. The two then began whispering very fast. I didn't realise what they were saying for a while until I saw George say the word baboon.

I giggled to myself as McGonagall started talking again.

"Now to dance, is to let the body breathe." She exclaimed. "Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst off and take flight-"

"Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen but I don't think it's a swan." Ron said rather loudly to Seamus and the two laughed. Professor McGonagall certainly heard him because she then turned to face him before speaking again.

"Inside every boy a lordly lion prepares to prance, Mr Weasley."

"Yes?" Ron murmured and I snickered.

"Will you join me please?"

Harry must've found this hilarious because he had a massive grin on his face as he used his right arm to push Ron forward as he slowly got off of his seat.

"Now place your right hand on my waist." Professor McGonagall instructed.

"Where?" Ron sounded petrified.

"My waist."

As Ron's hand met McGonagall's waist for about a millisecond, George wolf whistled and Ron's hand went into a half wave-half flip off movement in the twins' direction before McGonagall took his arm and placed it back on her waist.

"Heyyyy" The twins giggled.

As George, Fred, Lee and Lewis made fun of Ron, Hermione was grinning from ear to ear as she watched Ron dance with McGonagall.

"One two three, one two three, one two three..." McGonagall showed Ron the steps while the twins danced slowly by themselves.

They looked down to Harry and he whispered something to them.

"Never!" They replied.

"Everybody come together now!" McGonagall said and almost all the girls jumped to their feet. "Boys! On your feet!"

Fred looked at me but didn't move a muscle. I rolled my eyes but like the boys, I didn't move.

Neville looked around at all the other boys before standing up and walking to Hermione, who smiled and the two danced. I know Hermione would've rathered dance with Ron but she looked Happy.

"Hello M'lady." Fred put his hand out to me as more students partnered up to dance. "May I have this dance?"

"You may kind sir." I giggled. "But I'm warning you Freddie, I can't dance very well."

"Then I'll dance horribly too."

The two of us awkwardly spun around occasionally crashing into George and Angelina on purpose.

When McGonagall dismissed us from the classroom Fred was complaining because apparently I stood on his feet to many times.

"Hey Y/N/N?" Fred slung his arm around my shoulder. "I was just wondering if you would care to accompany me to the Yule Ball?"

"Of course dear Fredrick." I smiled. "Anything for you."

Okay a short chapter before the Yule Ball.
719 Words