CHAPTER THIRTEEN; thoughts

~Y/N's POV~

November went by as fast as September and October had. Soon it was December and no one knew about me seeing Sirius in the Forest during Hogsmeade. I wasn't planning on telling anyone since my dad stupidly broke into the castle again. He actually got into the Gryffindor common room this time.

He stupidly decided to go into the boys dorms with a knife. Right next to Ron's bed!

Maybe I can't trust him.

I'm so stupid! Why would I fall for that? Of course I can't trust him.

But what if he has a reason?

No, he's crazy. Why would he have a knife? Plus, Peter Pettigrew is dead.

I pondered my thoughts as I walked to Herbology. Cedric and I had become partners since George went with Lee and I knew no one else.

He wasn't that bad. He's nice, funny (not as funny as the twins obviously) and he treats me different than how almost everyone else in the school does. Cedric said that even if my dad is bad it doesn't mean I am.

"Hey Ced!" I smiled as I pulled on my gloves.

"Hey Y/N!" He smiled back, putting his own gloves on. "How're you doing?"

"Well, my father snuck into the Gryffindor tower the other night with a knife so..."

"Y/N!" Lee glared from next to us. "What did we tell you?"

"Who's we?" Cedric asked.

"Fred and George Weasley, Oliver Wood, Lewis Harper and I." Lee then smirked. "It's mainly Fred though—"

"You guys talking about my brother?" George said as he came into class. "Does Y/N fancy him?"

"George, I've told you before, I don't fancy Percy!" I rolled my eyes.

"You know who I'm talking about." George smirked.

"Anyway, how're you and Oliver, Lee?"

"Better than you and Freddie" Lee replied, causing Cedric and George to chuckle.

"Okay class, with your partners you need to tend to your Mimbulus mimbletonia." Professor Sprout said from the front of the class.

(Time skip brought to you by Oliver Wood being the only seventh year we care about)

At dinner, I was sitting and eating when Hermione took a seat next to me.

"Hey Y/N. I have a question—well two questions—for you." She said, collecting some garden salad onto her plate.

"Yeah, what's up 'Mione?" I said, turning away from my friends to face the bushy haired girl.

"Well...the first question is...is Professor Lupin a werewolf?"

I choked on my pumpkin juice, "uh...no. He's...he's not." I said between coughs.

Fred sent me a worried look before turning back to George and Lee.

"Okay...that's fine. And the second question is" Hermione began to whisper. "Do you like Fred?"

"You talking about me to third years now, love?" Fred smirked.

The nickname made my chest fill with butterflies.

"No, we're talking about Hermione's arithmancy work." I lied.

"Boring." Fred turned away.

"You only take the class so you can spend more time with Y/N." Lee laughed.