CHAPTER SIXTEEN; christmas day

Y/I means Your first Initial
~Y/N's POV~

I woke up when it was still dark outside the next day but who cares? It's Christmas!

I tiptoed down to the common room where it was all decorated with tinsel and ornaments for the holiday.

"Y/N?"

It was Harry. He was sitting on the floor next to the fireplace.

"Hey Harry." I smiled.

"Happy Christmas." He said as I sat down next to him.

"Happy Christmas Harry."

We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Do you want to play chess?" He asked.

"Sure" I answered

"I want to be able to beat Ron when he gets back." Harry informed me with a smug grin. "I reckon I'll be able to do it."

We ended up playing until the sun came up. I won about 6 games and Harry won the other 8.

"I wonder if the twins are awake yet." I said, taking out Harry's bishop.

"Speak of the devils." He nodded his head towards the stairs, where two messy red-heads in pyjamas came down, yawning and rubbing their eyes.

"Morning sunshines." I teased.

"M-Morning Y/N." George yawned.

"Good morning Love." Fred smiled. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas boys." I said back, then turning back to take out another one of Harry's pawns with my knight.

Percy came downstairs not long after the twins did and then we started opening presents.

The first present I opened was a dark purple sweater with a golden Y/I and some chocolate fudge from Mrs Weasley.

Everyone but Percy pulled their sweater on over their pyjamas.

"C'mon Perce. It's Christmas!" George smirked.

Fred seized Percy's sweater and the twins forced it onto Percy. It wasn't the first time they had done this though. They did it in our third year when Harry and Ron first came to the school.

"Get off!" Percy was shrieking as the twins pulled the jumper over his head.

Eventually the twins succeeded and we all went back to opening presents with a grumpy Percy.

I also got some muggle sweets and a muggle book called 'Romeo and Juliet' from Hermione, about ten chocolate frogs from Ron, new quills from Percy, jelly slugs and a notebook from Lee, an empty box from Lewis ("boxes are very useful" he later told me), Angie and Alicia got me more books, I got more sweets from Harry, new wizards chess pieces from Cedric, and a whole heap of Zonko's products from George.

I looked up to see Harry, staring down at something in his hands.

"Y/N..." He looked up at me and smiled.

"You like it?" I asked. He nodded.

A few days prior, I found an old photo. It was Remus, James, Lily, Harry, Sirius and I. Harry was only 10 months old in the picture and I was about two years old. The date on the back read May 2 1981. We were all so happy, not knowing what was to happen only 5 months later.

"Oh, and George. Thanks for the book." Harry smiled to the boy.

"Your welcome!" George grinned, I cleared my throat and glared at him. "Oh...Y/N helped pick it out though."