CHAPTER EIGHTEEN; buckbeak and the dog

2.4K? Thank you

~Y/N's POV~

Buckbeak is going to be executed today.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I are going to visit Hagrid this evening before the execution.

We walked out of the castle where we saw Malfoy and two other Slytherins.

"Ahhhh, Come to see the show!" He snickered.

"YOU! YOU FOUL, LOATHSOME, EVIL LITTLE COCKROACH!" Hermione ran at Draco, pulling her wand out.

"Hermione, no." Ron said. "He's not worth it."

Draco was whimpering with fear, but began to snicker when Hermione lowered her wand.

Then there was a loud smack and the three Slytherin boys were running off. Hermione had punched Malfoy.

"That felt good." She grinned.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron grinned back at her.

"That was bloody wicked, 'Mione!" I smiled, then the four of us made our way down to Hagrid's hut.

"Harry, you do have your invisibility cloak, don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's in my robes." He replied as we arrived at Hagrid's door. Ron knocked and Hagrid opened the door.

"Yeh shouldn've come!" Hagrid whispered, yet he still let us in. He wasn't crying, nor did he throw himself upon our necks. He looked like a man who didn't know exactly what to do.

"Do yeh wan' some tea?" He asked, his great hands were shaking as he reached for the kettle.

"Where's Buckbeak, Hagrid?" Asked Hermione, hesitantly.

"I- I took him outside," said Hagrid, spilling milk all over the table as he filled up the jug. "He's tethered in me pumpkin patch. Thought he oughta see the trees an' — an' smell fresh air — before-"

Hagrid's hand trembled so violently that the milk jug slipped from his grasp and shattered all over the floor.

"I'll do it Hagrid." I said quickly, hurrying over and starting to clean the mess.

"There's another one in the cupboard." Hagrid said, sitting down and wiping his forehead on his sleeve. Harry glanced at Ron, who just looked back hopelessly.

"Isn't there anything anyone can do, Hagrid?" Harry asked fiercely, sitting next to him. "Dumbledore-"

I zoned out of the conversation, looking for the milk jug in Hagrid's cupboards.

Hermione let out a small, stifled sob as I grabbed the new milk jug.

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid," she began, but Hagrid shook his shaggy head.

"Yeh're ter go back up ter the castle. I told yeh, I don' wan' yeh watchin'. An' yeh shouldn' be down here anyway... if Fudge an' Dumbledore catch yeh out without permission, Harry, yeh'll be in big trouble."

Silent tears fell down my face, but I hid them from Hagrid, bustling around making tea. I picked up the milk bottle to pour some into the jug and saw a small, fuzzy, brown thing in the bottom.

"RON! I- I don't believe it —it's Scabbers!"

Ron gaped at me.

"What're you talking about?"

I carried the milk jug over to the trio and tipped it upside down, and sure enough Scabbers the rat came scampering out and into Ron's hands.

"Scabbers! What're you doing here?"