CHAPTER FOURTEEN; regrets

700 READS!? I- THANK YOU SO MUCHHH!!

~Y/N's POV~

Fred was oddly silent during breakfast which I felt was my fault.

Of course it was! Why did I do that?

George kept on smirking at me too which was also weird, unless...

"Sooo Y/N." George smiled as we walked to Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"What George?" I answered him, only half paying attention.

"What happened between you and Freddie last night?" He asked, causing me to snap my head towards him.

"What do you mean?"

"He came into our dorm all sad last night."

I really messed up.

"It's all my fault..." I muttered as we walked into Lupin's class.

"I have assigned you all partners for while you study Hinkypunks." Remus explained. "We will start today and continue first lesson after break."

Remus then called out the groups.

"Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet."

"George Weasley and Lee Jordan."

"Lewis Harper and Kenneth Towler."

He continued to call out groups making me realise who he partnered me with.

"Fred Weasley and Y/N Black."

I glanced over at Fred, who was looking at his shoes. I walked up to him and pulled him by the wrist to a desk.

"Freddie...I'm sorry." I mumbled. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have-"

"It's not your fault Y/N...I shouldn't have...done whatever I did." Fred said back.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I just-"

"Take out your textbooks and turn to page 136!" Remus called from the front of the class.

I avoided eye contact with Fred until we had to start our work.

"Erm...we better get started then." Fred said, pulling out his quill and ink.

"Yeah." Was all I managed to say in return.

Fred and I managed to get through the class without being too awkward.

Of course I had to have charms next. One of the only classes I have with just Fred.

"Hey Y/N/N..." Fred took the seat next to me.

"Hi Freddie." I gave him a weak smile. I could tell he was sad, even if he was hiding it.

He stayed silent most of the lesson again and soon it was lunch.

"Hey Y/N! Fred!" Lee called, waving us over to where he was sitting with Oliver, George, Angelina and Alicia.

"Hey Lee-Lee!" I teased, causing Lee to blush.

"Heyyyyy! That's my nickname for him!" Oliver glared.

"My apologies Ollie." I said sarcastically. Fred chuckled lightly but quickly stopped. He then sat down and ate in silence.

"What's going on?" George mouthed to me and a pang of guilt and regret hit me.

"I don't know." I mouthed back. Lies.

I should've stayed. I should've.

But it's too late now.