CHAPTER FORTY-TWO; preparing for the next task

52K READS? I- Thank you all so much, I don't know what to say.

~Y/N's POV~

Three days later Harry came up to me again.

"I did what Cedric told me to." He whispered. "So I went to the Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor-"

"I don't need every detail." I sighed.

"Well Snape and Filch almost caught me leaving." Harry told me.

"I just want to know the clue, Harry."

"That's the problem, I don't really understand it." he explained. "I don't want to tell Hermione that or she'll be concerned."

"I'm concerned. The 24th of February isn't that long away!"

"It's still-"

"A month away!" I exclaimed. "You need to work on that clue. I'm sure Hermione, Ron and I can help too."

"Can we work on it Friday?" Harry asked.

"I'm busy Friday." I said.

"Why? What's so important about Friday?"

"The 27th is Lewis' seventeenth birthday." I explained. "We were going to hang out in the boys' dorm."

"Who's we?"

"Lewis, Fred, George, Lee, Angelina, Alicia and I, but I'm sure you, Ron and Hermione can come too."

"That's fine I guess." Harry nodded, readjusting his glasses.

"Wicked. I've got to go find the twins." I waved to Harry and left the common room.

➪➪➪

After Lewis' birthday was another Hogsmeade trip. Not knowing where the twins were I decided to walk with Harry, Ron and Hermione and hoped to find my friends in the small town.

We had just passed the black lake, where Viktor Krum was diving from the Durmstrang ship into the lake in nothing but a pair of swimming trunks. Hermione was telling us that Viktor was very nice and how he likes it better here at Hogwarts than in Bulgaria.

We entered the three broomsticks and Harry frantically looked around for Hagrid.

"Doesn't he ever go into the office?" Hermione whispered, pointing to Ludo Bagman who was conversing with a small group of goblins.

Ludo looked our way and said something to the goblins before hurrying over to us.

"Harry!" He said. "How are you? Been hoping to run into you! Everything going alright?"

"Uh, splendid." Harry answered awkwardly looking at me for help.

"Wonder if I could have a quick, private word, Harry?" said Bagman eagerly. "You couldn't give us a moment, you three, could you?"

"Er—okay." said Ron and then we went off to find a table. "I wonder what he wants. Y'know, Bagman."

"Probably trying to scam Harry for one of his bets." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm almost positive it has something to do with the tournament." Hermione whispered.

I nodded. "I wonder what he as talking to those goblins about before though."

"Probably something about a bet." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"They've been talking for a while now." Ron said as we all turned to face Harry and Bagman, who was now frowning. They talked a little more before Ron muttered. "Bloody hell."