CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX; sirius in the fire

~Y/N's POV~

"Y/N!" I turned around to see Harry rushing towards me with a letter clamped in his fist. "He replied!"

I took the letter from Harry and read it.

Y/N and Harry,

I can't say everything I would like to in a letter, it's too risky in case the owl is intercepted—we need to talk, face to face. Can you two ensure you're alone by the fire in Gryffindor Tower at one o'clock in the morning on the 22nd November?

Harry, I know better than anyone that you can look after yourself, and while you're around Dumbledore and Moody I don't think anyone will be able to hurt you. However, someone seems to be having a good try. Entering you in the Tournament would have been very risky, especially right under Dumbledore's nose.

And Y/N, I'm sorry for not talking to you sooner, I really wish I did though. Congratulations on Quidditch captain, I saw you play a bit last year and I know you'll do great. You should tell me more about that boyfriend of yours soon, all I know is that he's a Weasley. I need to know more!

Be on the watch, Harry, and take care of him, Y/N. I still want to hear about anything unusual. Let me know about the 22nd November as quickly as you can.

Love you both,
Sirius.

"How exactly is he going to talk to us?" I asked curiously.

"No clue." Harry replied.

➪➪➪

"Dragons. Actual dragons, Y/N!" Harry was now ranting to me as I sat on the common room floor next to the crackling fire. "What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know! I'm not Charlie!" I said.

"Charlie was there too!" Harry exclaimed. "But seriously, dragons?"

"Now that I've thought about it, you should tell Ced about the Dragons, it's only fair if all the other champions know."

"She's got a point there, Harry."

Harry jumped and we turned our heads to see my dad's face in the flames.

"Sirius—how're you doing?" Harry asked after he sat down next to me.

"Nevermind me, how are you?" Dad asked.

"I'm definitely doing better than Harry." I said, frowning.

"I'm—" Harry paused. "Definitely not fine. No one believes me when I say I didn't put my name in, Rita Skeeter lied about me on the Daily Prophet, I can't even go down a hallway without people whispering or being sneered at, and to top it all off Ron won't even talk to me. He doesn't believe that I didn't put my name in and apparently he's jealous."

"He's jealous because Harry always gets all the attention and credit when Ron does stuff too. He's always been there for Harry yet he gets pushed aside when something exiting happens. He's always known as 'Harry Potter's best friend' and nothing more." I explained.

"And guess what! Hagrid showed me what's up for the first task. Dragons! I'm a goner for for sure." Harry finished.

Dad looked extremely concerned.

"Dragons we can deal with, Harry, but we'll get to that in a minute— I haven't got long here...I've broken into a wizarding house to use the fire, but they could be back at any time. There are things I need to warn you about." He said.

"What?" Harry sounded worried himself.

"Karkaroff." Dad said. "He was a Death Eater. You know what Death Eaters are, right Harry?"

"Yes—he—what?"

"He was caught. He was in Azkaban with me, but he got released. I'd bet anything that's why Dumbledore wanted an Auror at Hogwarts this year—to keep an eye on him."

"Didn't Moody put Karkaroff in Azkaban in the first place?" I asked.

"Yes he did, Y/N."

"Karkaroff...got released?" said Harry slowly. "Why did they release him?"

"Made a deal with the ministry. Said he'd seen the errors his ways, and then he named names...he put a load of other people in Azkaban in his place...he's not very popular in there. I can tell you." Dad said. "And since he got out, from what I can tell, he's been teaching the Dark Arts to every student who passes through that school of his. So watch out for Krum too."

"Okay..." Harry stopped for a moment, lost in thought, before talking again. "Are you saying Karkaroff put my name in the Goblet? Because if he did, he's a really good actor. He seemed furious about it. He wanted to stop me from competing."

"We know he's a good actor." said Dad. "because he convinced the ministry to set him free, didn't he? Now, I've been keeping an eye on the Daily Prophet, Harry—"

"You and the rest of the world." Said Harry bitterly.

At this point I rolled my eyes and stopped listening to their conversation. I didn't really need to know this stuff. I stood up and went over to the other side of the common room and I wasn't very surprised to see a Weasley's Wizard Wheezes order form sitting on one of the desks. I chuckled to myself, folded the paper and slid it into my pocket.

"You are a fair flyer, so maybe try something with your broom." Dad said. "Anyway, off of that topic, who's this Weasley kid Y/N's dating?"

I strode back over to the fireplace where Harry began to talk.

"His name's Fred and he's super annoying." Harry said.

"That's one of the twins you were talking about last year. The one's you play pranks with." Dad said.

"Last year?" Harry asked as I heard something coming from the stairs.

Footsteps.

"Dad, someone's coming!" I said frantically.

"Well I'll see you two later." Dad's face then dissapeared and Ron came down the stairs.

"Who're you talking to?" Ron clearly couldn't see me.

"Y/-" Harry was cut off by Ron.

"Right, probably practicing for your next interview," Ron spat before storming upstairs back into his dorm.

"I'm going to bed," I then ran upstairs and ducked under my covers.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong with the dragons.

Bit of a filler chapter. Next chapter is the first task and then the yule ball, just in time for Christmas.
1037 Words