✧christmas eve✧

Timothée's POV

"Daddy!! When is Santa coming now?" Y/D/N runs up to me, arms outstretched, her brown curls bouncing behind her.

"Y/D/N, I told you. He doesn't come until you go to sleep. It's already 9:00. Your bedtime is 8:00," I say, picking her up.

"Come here you two. Let's put out Santa's cookies, and then we'll read a story before we go to bed," Y/N says. We made sugar cookies together today, and decorating them was the cutest and messiest experience ever.

"Hmmm. Which cookies do you think Santa wants?" I say, walking over to where Y/N stands at our kitchen table with an empty plate and our box of cookies.

"I think... I think mine!" Y/D/N says, leaning from my arms and reaching for the cookies that she decorated. They're covered with random sprinkles and drips of frosting. They make me smile.

"Okay. Here, let's put them on the plate," Y/N says, putting all of Y/D/N cookies on the plate. Y/D/N squeals in my arms.

"Alright Y/D/N, lets go read a story. You have to go to bed if you want Santa to come tonight!" I say, leaving the kitchen and carrying her up the stairs, Y/N following behind us.

I tuck her into bed and Y/N and I sit on either side of her while we take turns reading each page of The Night Before Christmas.

"Okay Y/D/N, time for bed," Y/N says, putting the book on her bedside table. Y/D/N eyes are already closing. She's tired; she never stays up this late. I look at Y/N and smile. We both get up, and Y/N turns the light off and shuts the door quietly.

"She's so sweet," I say.

"I know. I can't believe this is her fourth Christmas already," Y/N says.

"I just want her to stay little forever," I say.

"Yeah. Before we know it, she'll be a teenager." We're still standing outside her door, whispering so we don't disturb her.

"Let's not think about that. Let's just go set everything up!" I say, pulling Y/N to our bedroom where all of the presents that 'Santa' is bringing are hidden.

We drag all of Y/D/N presents downstairs and set them up in the living room. We really spoiled her this year. She's so selfless though, and because this is the first year that she'll truly remember, we wanted to make it extra special.

Y/N and I get ready for bed, and lay down next to each other.

"I love you so much Timothée," Y/N says, turning to me in the dark. She looks so perfect.

"I love you so much," I tell her, reaching over and tucking her hair behind her ear. She smiles and I pull her close to me.

"Happy Christmas Eve," she says into my chest.

"Happy Christmas Eve," I say, hugging her tighter.