❖hair tie❖

Your POV

I hate this. I don't want to go out in public right now, because it's the middle of the day and the paparazzi knows that we're in LA. New York isn't as bad; we don't get it all the time and when we do they usually aren't overly invasive. But in LA, people will do whatever they can to get pictures of you.

I'm pacing the bedroom of the hotel we're staying in, thinking about the people who are just waiting for Timmy and I to walk out. It makes me so anxious for some reason.

We have to go out though, because we're meeting up with some of Timmy's friends. I take a deep breath, and realize that I've been doing it again. My worst habit: peeling the skin off of my fingers.

It's disgusting, I know. But I can't stop. Especially when I get anxious. It's like a very strange addiction, and I do it without even noticing. It leaves my fingers bleeding, gross, and then scarred. I search the bedroom for my suitcase to find band-aids before realizing that it's not in here.

I walk out and into the other room where Timmy is sitting on the couch, on his phone, ready to go. My suitcase is sitting right next to him. Ugh. It's not that big of a deal, but he always hates it when I do it.

I quickly unzip my suitcase, hoping that he won't look up from his phone. My tactics don't work.

"What are you getting?" he asks.

"Uh, nothing," I say, rummaging for my band-aids. It's obvious. He watches me pull out the band-aids and grabs my wrist to inspect my fingers.

"Y/N!" he groans, holding my wrist and hovering his fingers over my bleeding ones as if he wants to soothe them but doesn't know how.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it, it's such a bad habit!" I say, pulling my wrist back. Heat rises in my cheeks; I don't want him to think I'm disgusting. I shift my suitcase and start unwrapping the band-aids. My right thumb hurts so badly that I fumble while trying to open them.

"Here, let me," he says, taking the box from me. "I really wish you wouldn't do this," he says more seriously. He opens the box and starts unwrapping the band-aids, carefully bandaging my bloody fingers.

"Yeah, I know. I've been pretty good lately though. This is the first time in, like, a month," I say as he continues to bandage my fingers. He cocks an eyebrow, as if to tell me that this is not an impressive feat. I just roll my eyes and continue to let him put on the band-aids. When he's finished, he takes all of the wrappers and throws them away. He then opens his own suitcase, which is over on the floor, and grabs... two hair ties?

"What's that for?" I ask, as he holds one out to me.

"I wrap them around my fingers and fidget with them when I'm overwhelmed or at big events or something. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. Why are you nervous right now anyways?" he asks. I take the hair tie from him.

"I just don't like the LA paparazzi. Last time was super overwhelming." Guilt flashes across his features.

"I'm sorry. I wish it wasn't like this just to go out. Do you want to cancel? We can stay here," he tells me.

"No, no. Really, it's fine. It was just a moment of nerves," I tell him. I didn't know he used hair ties for this reason. It's really sweet, actually.

"Okay..." he says hesitantly.

"For real. Just don't leave my side, and I'll be fine," I say with a smile, wrapping the hair tie around my pinky.

***

A half hour later, we are on our way to the park. The first camera clicks to our left, and suddenly the amount of paparazzi seems to grow exponentially until we are surrounded on all sides by people vying for our photographs and attention. The flashes are bright, and the shouts are loud. I feel my heart rate start to pick up and Timmy reaches down to squeeze my hand.

He leans over and whispers something into my ear.

"Use the hair tie," he says in a low voice. "Also, I love you," he adds for no reason. It puts a small grin on my face.

I occupy myself with twisting the hair tie around my finger as we walk, and I find that it actually does make me feel calmer. That, and being right next to him.

hey!! I know this one is super weird, sorry :) this is actually one of my worst habits, and I use a hair tie around my fingers to stop, and Timmy literally uses a hair tie as a fidget toy thingy too so when I saw pics of him with one on his finger I felt an instant connection haha. I truly appreciate everyone who reads my stories!! if you have any advice or requests LMK!!!! <3 also if you have any ideas for helping me grow this, and reach more people, lmk!!!