❃flying❃

Your POV

Paris.

Timmy and I are finally flying to Paris for the very first time. I am so excited for him to show me all of his favorite places. I've been trying to learn French so I can communicate better there, and it has been going pretty well.

We're shuffling down the plane to find our spots, and when we do, Timmy stands back so I can have the window seat.

"Ooo, thanks!" I say, sliding in. He sits next to me with a small smile and nods. The excitement takes over and I lean over and wrap my hand around the back of his neck, pulling him to kiss me. He's startled at first but gives in, our lips molding together perfectly.

I pull away a few inches.

"I'm so excited," I whisper, my hand still around his neck.

"Me too," he whispers back. I look into his eyes. There's something other than excitement... is he... nervous? "What's wrong?" I ask, sitting back.

He shakes his head only slightly and puts that small smile back on.

"Nothing," he says. He stares down at his feet, intertwining his fingers in his lap.

"Okay, obviously it isn't nothing, or you wouldn't be -"

"I'm a nervous flier!" he says, snapping his head up and looking right at me. His curls are tossed haphazardly around his face, his green eyes widened, only making him look more frazzled.

"Oh, Tim," I say. I reach over and push his hair away from his face. "You fly all the time for work, right?"

"Yes, and every single fucking time the plane goes into the air and back down I panic," he says. He leans back against his seat and shuts his eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here with you, and we're going to be just fine." I reach over and take one of his hands in my own, intertwining his long fingers in my own. He doesn't move or say anything, so I continue. "Just think about how beautiful Paris is going to be. Where are you going to take me?"

The pilot tells us we're about to start moving for lift off and the plane slowly starts going forward towards the runway.

"Um... to the Arc de Triomphe," he says.

The plane starts accelerating.

"Yeah? Where else?" I ask. I feel his grip tighten around my hand as the plane starts moving faster and faster. His eyes are still squeezed shut.

"To the Champ de Mars park." His voice is almost shaking.

The plane starts lifting into the air.

"And where else?" I ask, moving closer to him so he can hear me over the noise.

"M-my apartment... that has a really cool view of the Eiffel Tower..." he says. His eyebrows scrunch together with panic as the plane moves up.

"Oh really? I can't wait to spend the night with you there," I say, moving closer and speaking softly into his ear.

"Y/N, this is not the moment for that," he says, but I see his lips twitch into a small grin. I turn and see that we're almost completely in the air now. His fingers are still wrapped very tightly around mine, his knuckles white.

"Timmy, we're in the air," I tell him. He breaths deeply before opening his eyes and looking at me.

"Thank you," he says. His grip still doesn't loosen around my fingers - it's starting to hurt. I flex my fingers under his and he instantly lets me go. "Oh, sorry," he says.

"It's okay. Look at how pretty the view is from here!" I don't fly often, so I'm not used to seeing the world from this high up. Everything is so tiny.

"Yep," he says shortly, not looking out the window.

"I think it's cute when you get all nervous," I tell him, tearing my eyes away from the window and looking back at him.

"I'm just glad we'll be in Paris soon. I really am excited to show you all that stuff."

"So am I, mon amour."

He grins at my French.

"Je t'aime," he tells me.

"Je t'aime, Timothée." I pronounce his name the way it's supposed to sound.

He leans against me, his head falling on my shoulder as he shuts his eyes.

"Oh, and I can't wait to spend the night with you in my apartment either," he says with a grin.

I run my fingers through his curls while watching the world below us.

"Me neither."

my stupid surgery is today, and I'm sick of having so much wrong with me. I'm sick of being broken and always worrying about my health. idk when I'll be updating after this. I'm just in for a ton of pain today, and I'm not here for it.