❈too long❈

Your POV

2 minutes away

I bounce my knees with anxious excitement. I'm perched on the edge of the couch, waiting. My stomach flips as I read the text over again and smile.

He's been gone for so long. I haven't seen him in three months and fourteen days. I have missed him more than anything.

My phone buzzes again.

Coming up now

I stand up quickly, and suddenly I'm... anxious? Why on Earth am I anxious? This is Timothée. I just haven't seen him in a while.

Do I stand at the door? Do I open the door? Do I go to another room and wait for him to knock? Why am I overthinking this? I just want to wrap my arms around him.

With this being the only thought in my head, I throw my phone on the couch and fling the door of our apartment open, looking down the hallway. I have to squint to see someone who is walking in my direction, and I instantly know it's him. I sprint towards him. It's like something out of a movie. He's carrying a ton of luggage and he drops all of it on the hallway floor, striding quickly toward me.

I crash my body against his, wrapping my arms around him as tightly as I can and pressing my face against his chest. I feel his long arms wrap around me, his hands pressing against my lower back in an attempt to somehow pull me even closer to him. I grab the fabric of his hoodie in my hands tightly, shutting my eyes. Something warm glows inside my chest. I missed this feeling so much.

We stand like this for a few seconds.

"I missed you," he mumbles into my hair.

"I missed you too," I tell him.

He pulls away only slightly and presses his lips to mine. My hands move to either side of his face. I missed this too; the way our lips collide makes it feel like we were made for each other. He's still holding my lower back close against him, and our lips become more desperate, the familiar feeling taking over. It truly resonates how long it's been since we've seen each other. The thought of what we'll do tonight makes me light headed with excitement.

"We should probably... get out of the hallway..." he says breathily as he kisses me.

"Probably," I say back against his lips.

Neither of us makes any effort to stop though.

"Okay, really," I say, finding it in me to step a few inches away from him. I left our apartment door completely wide open. I grab one of his bags and help him carry his luggage down the hallway and into our apartment.

"Hey, new painting! Nice," he says when we step inside and he notices the wall in our living room.

I smile to myself.

"I knew you'd like it."

He sets everything down on the floor and sighs deeply.

I just stare at him for a moment.

He's wearing a black hoodie and deep purple sweatpants. The fabric hangs perfectly around his lanky figure. He's changed since I saw him last. We face timed, but it's hard to tell when you're not in person. His hair is slightly longer, and he looks exhausted, but that's probably just from travel.

"What?" he asks, catching me staring.

"I just missed how beautiful you are."

He smiles and looks away, shaking his head slightly. I can't stand it anymore; I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist, staring up at him and grinning like an idiot.

"I missed how beautiful you are too," he tells me, looking down at me. I reach up and brush one of his perfect curls out of his eyes, letting my fingers linger on his skin before I drop my hand. He leans down and gently kisses the top of my head before pulling me entirely against him and resting his chin on my head.

"It's been too long," he whispers.

"It has been too long. I've really missed you."

today I ate an egg and I ate the whole thing and it's still in my body and I'm proud of that so I just wanted to share :) I love you all <3